Budget Above 40k Motorola edge 30 Ultra

What is groups opinion on this phone?
I am inclined towards it

Please list all the cons about Moto phones especially from someone using a Moto Edge 30 Pro

I think the phone is yet to be open for the purchase.

I have also inclined towards the Moto Edge 30 Pro as it has somewhat latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, curved screen, slightly higher ppi, better screen and near stock Android experience.

But I let it go due to the fact that it has only 8GB + 128GB variant alone in India and the third camera is depth/macro instead of Telephoto.

Review sites still are far away from end user experience and mostly give verdict of launch day experience but some companies do keep working on their product to make it a much better product in few months
Going by the review, the device seems very promising but that is not always true in the real world scenarios.

I myself am looking for a phone in the same price range (~50k) but there aren't many options to my liking.

The only good thing about the Edge 30 Ultra is the 8+ Gen 1. Everything other isn't worth 60K.

Firstly, there's no LTPO display, which means battery efficiency will be sub-par. Then there's the sub-par camera that Moto is mostly known for, as low-light photography is below average. Not to mention, the update situation with Moto, which means that even if we are to believe Moto's words, you'll only 2 years of OS updates which is far behind the industry standard nowadays. And at 60K price-point, this issue becomes more glaringly obvious. Also, that pretentious curved display, which severely distorts content/images.

The only good thing about the Edge 30 Ultra is the 8+ Gen 1. Everything other isn't worth 60K.

Firstly, there's no LTPO display, which means battery efficiency will be sub-par. Then there's the sub-par camera that Moto is mostly known for, as low-light photography is below average. Not to mention, the update situation with Moto, which means that even if we are to believe Moto's words, you'll only 2 years of OS updates which is far behind the industry standard nowadays. And at 60K price-point, this issue becomes more glaringly obvious. Also, that pretentious curved display, which severely distorts content/images.
Can you tell me a similar package at 55-70k range.
Avoiding Samsung for now

Which is known for heating up :bored:
I think you're mixing up. The 8 Gen 1 is made by Samsung Foundry and that heats up like crazy (similar to 888 which was also made by Samsung).

The 8+ Gen 1 is made by TSMC, which has much better thermals, stability and efficiency.

Can you tell me a similar package at 55-70k range.
Avoiding Samsung for now
If you're avoiding Samsung, then there's no point spending on an Android flagship these days. I'd even argue that the Pixel 6A at 28K INR sale price will be a better experience than any of these non-Samsung flagships.

Also, if I were to spend upwards of 55K INR, I'd simply look at iPhones and nothing else, like @rockstah and @Kaleen Bhaiya said. Gone are the days when non-Samsung Android flagships are worth splurging upon.

Please list all the cons about Moto phones especially from someone using a Moto Edge 30 Pro
Motorola / Lenovo lacks in software department. These days camera quality is more about software than hardware. Motorola might come with the best camera hardware but the software is always lacking.

Motorola come with stock android design. It's not a feature. They just don't have enough manpower to improve over stock. Updates are slow because as someone said, Motorola / Lenovo lacks in software department.

At 50k+ budget, I'd look at last gen samsung S or FE flagships.

If no manpower then
Motorola / Lenovo lacks in software department. These days camera quality is more about software than hardware. Motorola might come with the best camera hardware but the software is always lacking.

Motorola come with stock android design. It's not a feature. They just don't have enough manpower to improve over stock. Updates are slow because as someone said, Motorola / Lenovo lacks in software department.

At 50k+ budget, I'd look at last gen samsung S or FE flagships.
How did they make pc ready feature which is as good as DEX

I have had a Lenovo flagship (K920). Very old and still works. It did have many business related features. Maybe these feature come from their business lenovo department.

Today, there are multiple companies like Motorola, Google, OnePlus (old), Nothing who offer stockish android. But only motorola isn't said to highly optimised like the others. No one argues about optimisations on old OnePlus series, Nothing is banking it's first phone on optimisations. Google is google. But no one says motorola offers highly optimised software. It may be on par with samsung and others.

I have had a Lenovo flagship (K920). Very old and still works. It did have many business related features. Maybe these feature come from their business lenovo department.

Today, there are multiple companies like Motorola, Google, OnePlus (old), Nothing who offer stockish android. But only motorola isn't said to highly optimised like the others. No one argues about optimisations on old OnePlus series, Nothing is banking it's first phone on optimisations. Google is google. But no one says motorola offers highly optimised software. It may be on par with samsung and others.
See bro that's the point of making this thread.
"No One Says" Is what I want to rule out!!!

Hope u understand. I want to know real world things. i have passed the age and experience in completely relying on reviewers experiences.

Yes they do give their opinion but sometimes it's not what is true. Few are afraid to make actual observations due to bias

If no manpower then

Buying a phone based on gimmicks like Ready For, DEX or Glyph Lights is like buying a TV for its speakers. Doesn't matter if the TV manufacturer has put a high-end speaker system in its flagship TV model, when the actual panel/picture quality is sub-par.

Similarly, it doesn't matter if Motorola has invested million on making Ready For a DEX competitor. Both are gimmicks at the end of the day that most people would use once or twice and forget about it.

Hence, your buying decision should be based on the product experience first that it's intended for. Justifying gimmicks should be your last resort.

Buying a phone based on gimmicks like Ready For, DEX or Glyph Lights is like buying a TV for its speakers. Doesn't matter if the TV manufacturer has put a high-end speaker system in its flagship TV model, when the actual panel/picture quality is sub-par.

Similarly, it doesn't matter if Motorola has invested million on making Ready For a DEX competitor. Both are gimmicks at the end of the day that most people would use once or twice and forget about it.

Hence, your buying decision should be based on the product experience first that it's intended for. Justifying gimmicks should be your last resort.
Again, i only mentioned Ready for, as reasoning was no manpower for software development.

I want to buy Pixel or Moto for the stock experience only

I want to buy Pixel or Moto for the stock experience only
You already have the budget. As a Moto Edge 20 Fusion user myself, I can say that their software is optimised compared to the competition from Meme UI, RealME UI etc. But then , my usage is basic so stock Android gets the job done. Also, Moto is slow with the updates but it doesn't bother me coz security patches matter to me more than OS upgrades (updates bring iterative or refinements over previous versions). Also, Moto has some work to do when it comes to camera department.

Unless Moto is promising something exceptional with their camera at that price, I would look for Apple or Google. Since you want to use stock Android, for the price, Google would be your best bet. It still has decent hardware for the price and you will be getting all the Google stuff.

Sadly, only 6a is available here but it will still be a good purchase. I believe Google will iron out those Tensor issues with time.

Back