Motorola Fire XT 311 - Best QWERTY andriod within 8.5K?

gauz88

Disciple
Hello everyone!

I am looking at buying an andriod phone with keypad. Not very sure if I'd like to use a touchscreen. Motorola fire XT 311 seems like the best bet to me.

Motorola FIRE XT311 - Full phone specifications

Pretty much has everything in it. I am curious to have your feedback if the sound quality would be so much of a problem after the equalizer app is installed? I am looking at a phone with a good sound output.

The only cons of getting this phone could be the bad screen resolution and low inbuilt memory which I see as a problem in installing apps. But i cant be asking for anything more in this budget.

I can get this phone for 8.1K with a bluetooth headset for 8.1K on lets buy.

Also, are there any options that I can look forward to in the next 2 months? An android phone with a keypad?! Please suggest!

Thanks!

Tried this phone in Croma today. The screen SUCKED! Low res and poor colouring, the ui seemed laggy and poorly designed. Build quality is so-so and the keyboard is crisp (although a little too crisp for my liking).

The older Motorola Charm looked better, ran smooth, had excellent build quality - felt solid and had a marginally better designed ui. What was Motorola thinking this time?

Do look at the LG Optimus Pro and Samsung Galaxy Pro (no typo!). The Galaxy Pro has marginally better build quality, ui and seemed to work quite smooth. It was selling quite cheap (7k was it?) on Flipkart, Letsbuy, etc up till quite recently making it a fantastic phone for it price. Can't say anything for the Optimus Pro as I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I'm waiting for Samsung Galaxy M Pro B7800 (1Ghz procy) to replace my Nokia E63 as of now. Hope Samy release the phone here before something better come out.

Is there any decent Andriod with SLide out qwerty out in the market except HTC Desire Z?

nion said:
OP please post budget and other requirements

@dissel you could try sony ericsson txt pro

10-12K. I have been eyeing SE Xperia Mini Pro. Its a bit off my budget and the small screen is a downer for me. I am a big fan of SE phones for their sound and camera quality.

Txt Pro isn't Android

My apologies i meant the sony ericcson pro

thanks for the correction rd274

10-12K. I have been eyeing SE Xperia Mini Pro. Its a bit off my budget and the small screen is a downer for me. I am a big fan of SE phones for their sound and camera quality.

in your price range there is nothing else.

the xperia mini pro has a 3" screen whereas the fire xt has a 2.8" screen. you could try getting it for less using discount coupons.

Thanks for the suggestion both of you my friends.

Motorola Milestone is a great phone with Ancient Hardware and Sony Xperia stuff is suitable for Feminine Gender as we all know Or male college kids. Sorry no offence to any owner. I want a Full grown up phone with budget 20k (lower is always better).

I want phone like Nokia E7 with 3G capability & Video calling (another priority) but only with a modern/current OS i,e Android. By standing in 2012, invest in Symbian is not worth anymore.

Else I stick/wait with normal QWERTY like Upcoming Galaxy M Pro which I miss Full FLash support and pinch to zoom.

P.S:- I'm Galaxy TAB user (1st Gen) & Nokia E63. (now I want all stuff in my phone, not the gaming/fun part)

Sony Xperia stuff is suitable for Feminine Gender as we all know Or male college kids.

woh!:-o dude xperia phones look cool and classy no matter who holds it. If you are talking about the built quality then i agree. Try it at your local shop.

anyways in android there really is nothing else. i think you will have to wait for some time to get a good qwerty.

Back