Motorola Photon 4G (Almost New)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will any GSM simcard work in this phone? Might consider this phone except for the following doubt:

All Motorola phones have this PenTile display and according to reports on the internet the display appears pixelated. Is it true? AFAIK Motorola is the only company which uses this kind of display. What is the picture quality like when browsing the web or while viewing photos / videos or playing games etc?

paraman said:
Will any GSM simcard work in this phone? Might consider this phone except for the following doubt:

All Motorola phones have this PenTile display and according to reports on the internet the display appears pixelated. Is it true? AFAIK Motorola is the only company which uses this kind of display. What is the picture quality like when browsing the web or while viewing photos / videos or playing games etc?

As OP clearly mentioned this phone is unlocked and all GSM cards in India will work.

Motorola is not the only company which uses the pentile displays ,all Samsung Super Amoled Displays are Pentile except the SGSII.

Even the Nokia N9 and Lumia 800 use the Pentile display.

Frankly it does not make ay difference unless you squint and look very closely.Only small text will look a bit blurred but you will not find any problems in any other place like watching videos and images..

and i have both atrix and photon,I prefer photon more than atrix.

its awesome display panel.

this phone is recommended for purchase.

dont go by pentile.

Its old thing.

pratikb said:

dont go by pentile.

Its old thing.

I second that, was using Atrix and now on Photon.. Liking it more than Atrix.

No doubt that photon is better than atrix, but the pentile display does help a lot in extending battery life which is big factor in these superphones :)

Thank you guys for clearing the doubts of potential buyers. :)

I myself found the Photon's display very crisp. After using it for few days, I started using SGS2 and it took me a while to get used it but I still feel Photon's display was better, more soothing to eyes.

I keep trying to find am opportunity to charge SGS2 be it in car/home/office where as Photon does not need that much charging and the battery lasts very long.

paarkhi said:
Can we register the MEID for Tata Indicomm (CDMA)

It depends who are included in "we" when you say it. :)

If it includes any of Tata insider yes, you can.

If it includes "mgdelhi" no, you can't. :D

mgdelhi said:
It depends who are included in "we" when you say it. :)

If it includes any of Tata insider yes, you can.

If it includes "mgdelhi" no, you can't. :D

We means the potential buyer of Photon and the current user of Tata Indicom (CDMA) user ;)

and what does Tata Insider means :S

chaitu.genius said:
As OP clearly mentioned this phone is unlocked and all GSM cards in India will work.

Motorola is not the only company which uses the pentile displays ,all Samsung Super Amoled Displays are Pentile except the SGSII.
Even the Nokia N9 and Lumia 800 use the Pentile display.
Frankly it does not make ay difference unless you squint and look very closely.Only small text will look a bit blurred but you will not find any problems in any other place like watching videos and images..
pratikb said:
dont go by pentile.
Its old thing.
Crossx said:
No doubt that photon is better than atrix, but the pentile display does help a lot in extending battery life which is big factor in these superphones :)

Thanks for clearing that up.

i got both an S2 and Photon 4G .... really like the photon but got an S2 also as company policy needs India purchased phone

Photon is an excellent phone !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back