PC Peripherals mouse and mouse mat

surajspai

Disciple
hello,

recently i purchased a razer death-adder,with the 3.5g sensor.

i want a good mouse pad to go with it.

i thought of these

small sized razer goliathus fragged-rs 460-500(itdepot,itwares),

steel series qck mini-rs 515(lynx)

standard size

rantopad h3-400

razer goliathus fragged-rs 800-825(itwares,smc)

steel series qck-rs630(lynx)

-----"----- qck mass-rs 720(lynx)

roccat taito-rs 799(lynx)

i assume they sell for the listed price.:p

had purchased a goliathus fragged contol edition which my dog chewed up.:bleh:

i was wondering which one of these is a good buy.i have enough space to accommodate the small mats on my table,but,since i will be getting a lcd monitor,i will get more space on the table(i have a 17" crt now).

razer's got this speed and control edition.i understand the difference,but,havent used them,so how does it affect general usage?and in games?

also,i have slightly sweaty palms,but,cant go for a hard mat.i dont like these 'local' hard mats,and cloth mats are my only choice.

so,how good are these mats?how long will they last with moderate usage?what about the cloth layer fraying and coming off?can they be cleaned or something?

i would like to go for something lesser cost,but,want it be good.

i was thinking of getting a goliathus stadard,but,seeing that the QCK,QCK mass,and roccat taito come into that price range,which do i go for?the mat should be durable.

the taito is super size.the qck is cheap for its size,but thin.how much does thickness affect performance?it should be comfortable too.

also,sometimes i will be using a basic logitech mouse,so it should be good to use with that mouse too.

and,

as my pc is used by cousins,friends,with a fetish for button mashing,i wouldnt want them to ruin my razer mouse.so,is it possible to keep two mice connected to the pc at a time?(one razer,other logitech basic usb mouse?).i can stash the razer away in a drawer while im away,keeping it still connected to the pc,and use it when i want?

For last question - you can connect as many mice you want with your PC all working at the same time. I use three mice always connected to my PC.
Regarding mouse mats I used only hard mat from razer namely exactmat and destructor so can't help you much on this but can share my experience with the hardmats.

I have used exactmat and the speed part is very smooth as compared to control part and both works well in games. So this is more of a personal preference what you like.
Regarding Razer destructor, better than exactmat and does its work very well. Also more usable because of its rubber/plastic type surface than exactmat which is made of aluminium and feels cold in winter.

The SteelSeries qck is a a sad excuse for an overpriced mouse-mat, one friend has it and regrets it I think you are better of getting the Razer Goliathus Speed/ Control edition depending on gaming preference, speed mats need to get used too. The Roccat Taito is a very good competitor though never had the pleasure of using myself but have used the Roccat Sense, good speed edition mat for Rs. 1100 < Bangalore inclusive taxes >

i see.so qck ruled out.i thought the qck was a nice VFM for its price.
sense-rs 1k on lynx,+100 or so shipping.its a bit too much for me i think.and its very thin-1.35 mm(does it really make a difference?).besides,im a casual gamer,just need something between my hand and the steel table,and have a nice feel-good about it.of course,while performing well.
bangalore inclusive?which shop?and do they have online stores?im in mysore,so i could save a few hundred rupees for shipping large items.:p
so,it comes down to razer and roccat taito.H3?naah.so what about the speed and control editions of razer vs taito

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

but,online review are quite favourable to qck?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

how about durability?

^^

The qck I ruled out because it is very thin < standard edition > and tracking is not good on the smallest edition, as well its a dust magnet, the Roccat Sense is the only speed edition mat that I have used and it is very good, I myself have a Razer Salmosa + Razer Goliathus Control edition which I'm totally used to now and that is pretty good if you want to get a good traction surface with your fast Death Adder I think Control should match up well, but if you think you can handle a bit more of speed along with the natural agility of your mouse you can go for a Speed edition mat too :).

After 3 months of usage the qck resembles a very unremarkable frayed black cloth, tracking becomes an issue and my friend who has a Death Adder complains that the mouse follows a jaggy path like it is supposed climb an imaginary flight of stairs.

i see.i dont want the surface to be too slippery.but,can adjust.so,goliathus fragged std edition control or roccat taito.which of the two?and which is more durable?

just curious,how does the rantopad h3 fare against these?

I will say there is no difference between Razer Goliathus Standard edition or Alpha Fragged edition except for the logo on the mat, the control edition being the only version that I have checked out for this I will say a it is a minimum risk good buy :). You can risk it going for the Taito cause the Roccat Sense really blew me away with its quality and build also it is an absolute boon if you are a die-hard FPS guy my friend uses it with his SteelSeries Ikari and it \m/ the living daylight out of a DeathAdder + SteelSeries qck mat.

The Rantopad has got a positive coverage here on TE, but I've never even seen it.

Qck mat is really thin agreed but its certainy vfm, if thickness is a concer u can get a qck mass my friend recently purchased it for 650 rs ....... I purchased a razer Death adder 3.5 g and a razer goliathus speed fragged edition alpha sized mat and i was very dissapointed seeing how smooth it is , certainly not for me i dont like mpads wic are ultrasmooth as i play counter strike and mouse glides more then i need it (m a low sensitivity player) so ,

abt rantopad no idea mate nevr used 1, but any qck cloth pad is awesome for a death adder or mx beleive me u wont regret buying one

it shud be between Taito and Sense....

both of the 2 are total VFM gaming surface....Taito is plain black with 3.4mm of height whereas the Sense is slick and fast + better looking of the 2....

PS : Roccat is KOOL !!

better looking and expensive too.this will be my second such mouse pad,and im dont want to spend too much.

issue is i am buying online as no shops in my city have even heard of razer or roccat or dont sell such stuff.so,i cant try before i purchase,to be sure i like it(instead of buying it,then selling it for cheap and getting another mousepad).did some digging online,some recommend goliathus over taito,some say speed is better some control for DA.and im confused.

also,i am using another logitech basic mouse,1000dpi,so the mousepad should be good with that too.

or else,ill just wait till im free to purchase,then flip a coin :S

so much ado for a 800rs mousepad :p

And what city are you from ? May be i can help u locate a dealer for Roccat.

surajspai said:
better looking and expensive too.this will be my second such mouse pad,and im dont want to spend too much.

issue is i am buying online as no shops in my city have even heard of razer or roccat or dont sell such stuff.so,i cant try before i purchase,to be sure i like it(instead of buying it,then selling it for cheap and getting another mousepad).did some digging online,some recommend goliathus over taito,some say speed is better some control for DA.and im confused.

also,i am using another logitech basic mouse,1000dpi,so the mousepad should be good with that too.

or else,ill just wait till im free to purchase,then flip a coin :S

so much ado for a 800rs mousepad :p

The rantopad H3 surface feels awesome and is smoother than the razer goliathus, so go for rantopad if you want a smooth cloth surface with decent thickness(3mm).

^

Smoothness is for speed but the Goliathus is well known mostly for it control weave and I think that will go well with the Death Adder the OP has.

^If OP doesnt want smooth surface then rantopad is not for him BUT he said he wants something that feels good(for hand/wrist) and trust me on this, rantopad feels awesome....

counter strike?no i detest it.
im in mysore.its a pain to get what hardware i want,leave alone getting brands like these.
and for the control,do the pits collect dust and dirt from the hand?

Back