PC Peripherals Mouse + Mousepad suggestion.

Siddhesh222

Disciple
Hey guys. I need to buy a mouse + mouse pad.

Currently own a mx518. served me well.But, I can't palm grip it.I use claw grip. Hands are small ( small palm and long fingers, freaky as **** xD).

I was thinking of getting kinzu because of the small size, so that I could even palm it when needed.But I've heard it has positive acceleration built in it's sensor(?).

Need mostly for FPS games.Must be better than mx518 or there's really no point coz my mx518 works just fine.

I was going to buy the Deathadder but, the issue which bothers me the most is the grip... It looks a bit big, smaller than mx518 though. Though I've heard it tracks even if lifted from the surface, which is bad for me, Coz I often lift the mouse.

I'm a low sens, claw grip-wrist gamer. Play in a small area. ( I know, but I'm just used to lifting the mouse so often)

I've heard the CM storm is best for claw grippers? Is it good enough?

Btw, need a mousepad too.

TheITWares has Rantopads going for cheap, but I have no idea how good they are, compared to tested pads.

Goliathus or Qck?

Don't want to spend much on mouse pad, really don't see the point.

Woah, this is huge, but I've been as detailed as possible as per my needs.

For claw grip I found razer abyssus to be best. I too have same fingers like you and i found abyssus to be comfortable.

Rantopads are quite good if you dont mind changing your mouse pad atleast once in 6 months.

Mouse+mouse pad is purely a personal experience decision.Make sure you try many types of mice and finally decide on what you want.

@Sidhesh

You didn't mention your budget...

If budget is not a constraint then i would advice you to buy Roccat Kova/Kova+ which is good for claw grip...

^^ Razer Abyssuss + RantoPad H3 / Razer Goliathus [control edition] OR if you prefer a speed mad nothing in my experience beats the ROCCAT SENSE ROCCAT STUDIOS V3.0 -- my friend has it, and it kills everything, your mouse can drift on it like the cars from The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift.

The Abyssuss is a good mouse, if you want a smaller mouse I'll recommend you get the now legacy Razer Salmosa (which is smaller and lower sensitivity) I use and it is one solid mouse except its clicks are loud as a un-oiled door hinge.

The RantoPads are good mousepads offer upto 80 % of the Razer feel, while being almost a third of their prices. Hope this helps and doesn't tire you out.

Prices from Bangalore and IT Wares --

Razer Salmosa ~ 900/-

Razer Abyssuss ~ 1350/-

RantoPad H3 ~ 450/-

Razer Goliathus [control edition] ~ 500/- / 700/- / 1100/- [S / M / L]

Roccat Sense [speed mat] ~ 900/- / 1250/- [ M / L]

Hades. said:
@Sidhesh

You didn't mention your budget...

If budget is not a constraint then i would advice you to buy Roccat Kova/Kova+ which is good for claw grip...

Well dude, I just briefly checked out the Roccat Kova.. imo it looks overpriced.

Doesn't look like it has great ergonomics, build quality is plastic, on fly sensitivity change is not that fast, very few extra buttons, doesnt have rubber grip (not a lot) and honestly don't need changing lights and stuff, it's overpriced coz of that.

Not like I won't buy it. Will check out more.

there are always 2 options for mouse !!!

according to me !!! >>>>>>>>

for palm grip users (like me) .. the best option is

Mx518/ Deathadder + Razer Mantis Control/speed ...

for finger grip users .. the best option in mouse is

Microsoft Intelli 1.1 /3.0 !!! (mouse pad as you wish .. steelseries qck .. razer pads)

ages since researched about mice + pads but this used to be normal setup around 5 years ago and its still the best !!!

heard about some new mice of friends but didnt get +ve feedback from them !!

If you often lift the muse, then stay away from laser sensors. Most laser sensors still keeps on tracking even if the surface is 1~2 cm away. My MX518 too died after serving a good 5 yrs and me too have the habit of lifting the mouse often and its hard with any lasers i try like DA, GM6880, G5 etc. I ll either go with another MX518 or even a Giga GM6800 as im a bit tight on budget now.

I was actually considering the intelli.. but then I read it has negative accel at low sensitivities...

Salmosa looks good, but it's average according to reviews...doesn't seem better than mx518, but is for claw grippers, that might serve as an advantage

Abyssus also has acceleration issues I've heard.

Really wanted to buy Kinzu, seemed real good for me but Steelseries just screwed it up with acceleration built into its sensor! Sad!.

Back