PC Peripherals Mouse problem persisting

bosky101

Adept
Jan 24, 2005
bosky101.blogspot.com
it started off a lagging in the mouse pointer movement,then allof a sudden it stopped working. then suddenly it works for say 30 seconds.but i think thats just a coincidence.

also when i reformatted,it worked for two days . then again konked off. So could these be indications that the mouse needs to be changed ? also i run my amd 24x7 most othe time,so could that "overheat" the mouse port or something ?

this has been bugging for sometime !

PS:i notiecd when i lift my optical mouse ,the light flickers even when kept idle with varying strength of light.

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
Jan 27, 2005
Chennai
bosky101 said:
it started off a lagging in the mouse pointer movement,then allof a sudden it stopped working. then suddenly it works for say 30 seconds.but i think thats just a coincidence.

also when i reformatted,it worked for two days . then again konked off. So could these be indications that the mouse needs to be changed ? also i run my amd 24x7 most othe time,so could that "overheat" the mouse port or something ?

this has been bugging for sometime !

PS:i notiecd when i lift my optical mouse ,the light flickers even when kept idle with varying strength of light.
try cleaning the bottom, maybe some dust or something has gotten in . since you said that it worked after a format , it could be a driver issue but mostly it sounds like a faulty mouse. try installing the logitech software first and see

the flickering is normal , it goes to 'full strength' only when you move it to save battery and you dont have to worry about the mouse getting overheated or anything !