PC Peripherals Mousepad?

techie_007

Skilled
Ok, so I use my mx518 on the standard sunmica surface of the table and have never had any issues with it. I keep seeing ppl getting separate mousepads (the steel QCK and what not). Are these really required? What are the advantages anyway?

yes they are...use one and u shall know the difference :)

whats the use of an mx518 if u r using it on a table :p

the tracking is soooo smooth on good pads...ull never use the table again

Not recommended for the average joe who uses the PC for surfing the web or doing office work;

These're meant for gamers [HC fraggers] who'd like to glide their mouse along a surface that has controlled friction offering the required precision and accuracy;

well the mouse pads a specifically meant for gamers as gannu suggested....especially for Online multiplaying gamers....

more over if u are doing just casual gaming then MX518 and a A4 sheet well secured to the table with a good adhesive should be enuf :)

hmmm...so I am confused with ppl split on both sides ;)

For the record: I use my comp for mostly gaming(fps) n movies+surfing.

So recommend a good pad for me:p cheap tho, n not very big, I dont have all that much space on my table ;)

sorry for hijacking ur thread techie,but better ask the question here rather than opening a new thread.

I own mx518.

I am confused between razer pro pad and steelseries icemat 2nd edition.

Both retail for $18/-

Which one should i go for?

If anyone has better suggestion besides these two(i want non-black pads and around $20 range) feel free.

@chaos: not too much :p or lets say pretty cheap ;)

@gannu: hmm...so a steel QCK will be, once i have some cash :ashamed: the 198 cleaned me out ;)

EDIT: ok, so was just looking at the steelseries site, and the QCK seems pretty big for me. FYI, the table i use is pretty small. How bout the mini?

the mini is also fine...if u r ok with the size :)

@blue eyes dude

people here will surely tell u about razor pads...i havent used it myself so dont know

you can check out pads from Q-PAD as well ....they are good as well

+1 for the Titan Mini Pad.. pretty good surface plus the low price (~400 bucks) an added bonus for casual gamers like us :D

i will not suggest a QCK mini for a fps gamer.....so go for QCK+ or normal QCK....

amarbir will have both i guess.....even everglide pads are good ones

sTALKEr said:
i would suggest that you go in for the normal QCK for a bit more since the more the merrier...(more often than not)

btw, are you sure you need a branded pad? also take a look at DealExtreme: $5.79 15-inch Microsoft OEM Mouse Pad
ashr had a few good words to say about this. imo he is currently using the same thing.

ps-ashr is like one of the best ppl here at q3a.

I also bought the pad but it does not last at ALL.. The surface is pretty good but you'll have to replace it very soon. Better spend some more on a branded mouse pad..:)

hehe

@stalker, namic

I will post pics of my table soon.

U wud be surprised at the small space i use to play my FPS games :O Even the mini is gonna overshoot it :rofl:

Back