Linux Moved from Gnome to KDE

I just installed KDE and set it as my default DE, i was using Gnome from quite a long time and had it as my perfect DE, since i installed KDE and i love the way it looks but i am new to it.

What else to do except customizing the looks ?

Any links on how to customize KDE's looks would help.

Edit:1. i had ubuntu with gnome before moving to KDE, does this mean i am on Kubuntu now ?

2.I had disabled the ubuntu splash screen, the one like windows boot screen before, how do i enable it now ?
Thank you
LinuxNoob :p

kde has a good kde control center package to help with customizing a bit, managing hotkeys and adding fonts and stuff. Amarok is a very good music player much better than rhythmbox of gnome. Kubuntu is in fact ubuntu with KDE, if u do 'apt-get install kubuntu-desktop' on a ubuntu box it becomes both ubuntu + kubuntu :p , vice versa on kubuntu box. there is also a meta package called xfce-desktop for xubuntu . All use same package repositories.

check out kde-look.org

or in the settings applet where you are in the appearance section there is a "get new themes" button which goes to kde-look.org.

for restoring the splash screen, you should follow the reverse steps you took... if you did some steps like "sudo dpkg reconfigure" bla blah then you need to search online for the steps (i dont remember)

if you just removed the "quiet splash" words from the grub boot line then just add them back in /boot/grub/menu.lst file for the boot entry...

Back