Moving to Saket (or maybe around)

dvader

Adept
Hi Everyone,

I am moving to Saket (New Delhi) cuz my wife got a good job opportunity there. Although I lived in NCR pre-covid (and during covid), it was too much for me and I transferred to Pune for a quieter life.

Will be renting a 1BHK flat (Just the two of us), looking for some suggestions and guidance on which areas would be good to rent in.

Thanks in advance,
dvader

Be careful with your search. I was in similar shoes earlier this year and almost fell victim to a scam. Found a very good 2bhk in Chhatarpur area around 25k through FB groups. Proceeded to meet the broker at the property, who tried to rush me into paying an advance to secure the lease. I wanted to meet the owner first, even offered to pay full brokerage at the time of meet-up, no questions asked. But he continued to come up with BS reasons why the owner can't meet me. They essentially wanted me to transfer security deposit, rent etc in their account. I was desperate, but not stupid. I just don't get how they got access to the property in the first place.

Malviya nagar could be the best bet in terms of connectivity, decent gentry and alright rent..
I wish I knew someone from there to link you up..
But would be much better to personally visit and meet up a few property dealers in the area, survey the properties and finalize..

There is nothing compared to good old fashioned way of personally checking properties for a couple of days..

1 room set in saket wouldn't cost a bomb but still would be pricey considering it's a pretty expensive area in Delhi...

There are cheaper areas as well.. Khirki extension and khirki village, madangir village , chirag delhi (a bit away), Pushp Vihar (many govt quarters here if one can land on rent)

Be careful with your search. I was in similar shoes earlier this year and almost fell victim to a scam. Found a very good 2bhk in Chhatarpur area around 25k through FB groups. Proceeded to meet the broker at the property, who tried to rush me into paying an advance to secure the lease. I wanted to meet the owner first, even offered to pay full brokerage at the time of meet-up, no questions asked. But he continued to come up with BS reasons why the owner can't meet me. They essentially wanted me to transfer security deposit, rent etc in their account. I was desperate, but not stupid. I just don't get how they got access to the property in the first place.
yes, few brokers took advance/rent etc. but never forward same to Original Owner, even few Owners due to various reason unable to visit property for years/decades and keep eye close trust on brokers.
Brokers also manage electricity bill details, so owner won't get notice about electricity usage at all.

the area sucks with perpetual traffic jams.
big NO = hauz rani, khirki, chattarpur, anupam gdn, paryavaran, freedom, neb sarai, begumpur, khanpur, chirag delhi, lado sarai etc.
OK = maviya nagar, saket, sheikh sarai dda flats.
best but impossible to pull-off = govt qtr pushp vihar if the allotee govt employee is your relative. ;)

Back