Mozilla Firefox 7 Final Version Has Been Released

^^yeah..Firefox has shortened their development cycle.So before your know it Firefox 8 will be released.I read somewhere that they adopted the new cycle to keep up with chrome which uses a similar SDLC.

Using FF7 since morning. No visible difference is noticeable. Why is Mozilla releasing so many versions one after the other? Version 3 went upto 3.16, 3.17 if I remember correctly. But version 5 had 5.0.1 and 5.0.2. Then came 6.0.1 and 6.0.2. And now version 7. Whats the deal with so many updates?

running FF 7 from last 10 hrs, no hang nothing.No hangs even with 100 tabs,this is one of the better version of FF. :clap: :eek:hyeah:

I was always FF user. But finally I got dissapointed of the page load. Stuck to FF till v6. Now moved to chrome. I doubt I would have the courage to try FF7, waiting for more feedback.

jojothedragon said:
I uninstalled FF6 due to its crappy start-up time and hangs. I hope FF7 can bring back my love for the fox.

yup lot of hangs in FF6 :( but no hangs till now on FF 7, startup times doesn't matter. :)

Is a clean install advised or can I just update / install over existing FF6 ?

My FF6 also randomly freezes after every 10-15 mins and its irritating ! Dont want the same to happen with FF7 :(

I too had this problem with FF6. found out to be the problem with eset smart security 5.
Now back on version 4 and from then ff6 and 7 both were running fine.

FaH33m said:
Is a clean install advised or can I just update / install over existing FF6 ?

My FF6 also randomly freezes after every 10-15 mins and its irritating ! Dont want the same to happen with FF7 :(

Yes saar will work .Do this install FEBE in FF6 backup bookmarks , use lastpass for all passwords.Remove FF 6 ,restart system then use CCleaner to remove traces.This is what i did when i upgraded from FF5, had loads of issues with FF5 but FF6 is far batter for me.I am not going to install FF7 untill all plugins are updated.

There will be a new major release of Firefox every 6 weeks from now: i.e. This week Firefox 7 was released. Mozilla plans to ship Firefox 8 in exactly six weeks from now, with Firefox 9 six weeks after that, and Firefox 10 and so on.

So, if you are waiting for plugin compatibility, third party reviews etc, you are in an endless wait loop :D

had compatibility issues only with IDM since the each release of ff had made IDM not compatible.

now i just ignore it and firefox or IDM sort this issue out among them selves. i get compatibility automatically :D

axeman said:
There will be a new major release of Firefox every 6 weeks from now: i.e. This week Firefox 7 was released. Mozilla plans to ship Firefox 8 in exactly six weeks from now, with Firefox 9 six weeks after that, and Firefox 10 and so on.

So, if you are waiting for plugin compatibility, third party reviews etc, you are in an endless wait loop :D

Now im not gonna update my FF6 until FF12

Back