MP evicted from plane by pilot

I believe things got heated up after the MP said the pilot was nothing more than...

'A Glorified Driver !'
:rofl:

Hi all,

The Air India trips to Calicut airport is infamous for several rough ups in recent past. People might have remembered how many got their jobs and VISA invalidated after several days delayed flight of Air India from this airport. Also they might have forgot one people destined to Calicur airport where forcely unloaded at Thrivuananthapuram a long 12 hour journey from Calicut.

People in calicut taken enough suffering because of Air India and did sever protests which went useless and then this. Lakhs of people in this area might be working in middle east who are routinely fleeced by Air India that even Kerala Govt. requested Central Govt. to have a flight company for themselves - which was promptly denied.

MP might have been taken this in his mind during protest.

Dont just 'misunderstand' this MP. He owns his own flight and his declared worth is above 130Cr. He is an industrialist on his own might and not like some other pappu MPs who just consumes nation's wealth. Several hundered people might be working under him and he is told to be a decent man (in business sense). So, obviously he deserved better.

Not many people know the real picture of incidence like these which later turns sour for themselves.

Media misrepresents the fact and then things take political hue.

^^ rich MP or poor, no one can make the flight wait. And barging into the pilot's cockpit! What more do you expect?? Anyone deserves to be kicked for such an act

there have been conflicting reports actually...the MP says he was on time...but in that case i dunno why there would be such a big hue and cry .... either ways the MP probably deserved this for the sake of being an MP :lol:

Its a general trend /accepted fashion now a days to speak against politicians. But people forget that they deserve respect since they are supposed to be our representatives. The facts will come clear if one thinks in a better shade of mind also taking in to perspective constant problems faced by people in that area, solely because of Air India.

This very MP who now faces ire, in realty helped people from his area to get better Air Lines services by arranfing foreign flights.

The MP, if went in to pilots cabin - MP was accompanied by Senior Staff from Airport, not alone. His intention is not to make plane hit Wold Trade Centre. but to clarify the cause.

The case of flight being late for 15mins. - you must be real stupid /funny - any one travels by flight know that all flights regularly gets late. It must not happen, but thats whats happening. I have travelled several dozen times all over India. The worst case is by Indian Airlines. Delays will exceed hours - they let other private airlines take off fist, it a routine thing to get flight late so much form them - they have low level interests in puprosefully making flights late. But never I heard people travellers creating scenes in plane for that - pilot announces its late - everyone hears it and curses thats all.

But think what pilots did ? Fir ego of a single pilots case, they made is a national news, a big security issue.

And the cheapest, most inhumane and slavish part - Pilots are reporting this MP as a security threat to USA Blacklist- to declare that MP is a security threat in USA !!! The problem which must be sorted inside India is reported to USA. And expecting USA to take side blindly such that our own representative is blacklisted not in our country but USA !!! How we as common man expect respect in other countries ?

If this is happening to an MP what will be the case of common man ?

As a fact, Air Plane is a sensitive vehicle, but if used senselessly every vehicle is as sensitive as Air plane. In this case, pilots are behaving just like glorified drivers - just what MP said.

if his worth is more than 130 cr surely he can afford his own plane and fly whatever time of the day/nigh t he wants, why offend pilots by calling them glorified driver? then we should be calling mp's glorified servants of the country.

I'm confused atm...

So Who was late actually ?

papers saying MP was late, but here MP is complaining plane is late.

Prole73 said:
Its a general trend /accepted fashion now a days to speak against politicians. But people forget that they deserve respect since they are supposed to be our representatives. The facts will come clear if one thinks in a better shade of mind also taking in to perspective constant problems faced by people in that area, solely because of Air India.

As a chosen representative, a leader must set an example for his people. Arguing with the pilot and insulting him just because the flight is late, is this the way a leader should behave? No one deserves special treatment because he is a politician. Also do you know what you are saying here. Just because Air India had not been able to provide good service this his idea, does it warrant a politian to talk rudely to the Pilot who has no part in this.

Prole73 said:
The case of flight being late for 15mins. - you must be real stupid /funny - any one travels by flight know that all flights regularly gets late. It must not happen, but thats whats happening. I have travelled several dozen times all over India. The worst case is by Indian Airlines. Delays will exceed hours - they let other private airlines take off fist, it a routine thing to get flight late so much form them - they have low level interests in puprosefully making flights late. But never I heard people travellers creating scenes in plane for that - pilot announces its late - everyone hears it and curses thats all.

Who has been resonsible for the creation of so many private airlines without having the infrastructure to handle all of them with existing airports?

Prole73 said:
But think what pilots did ? Fir ego of a single pilots case, they made is a national news, a big security issue.

And the cheapest, most inhumane and slavish part - Pilots are reporting this MP as a security threat to USA Blacklist- to declare that MP is a security threat in USA !!! The problem which must be sorted inside India is reported to USA. And expecting USA to take side blindly such that our own representative is blacklisted not in our country but USA !!! How we as common man expect respect in other countries ?

If this is happening to an MP what will be the case of common man ?

As a fact, Air Plane is a sensitive vehicle, but if used senselessly every vehicle is as sensitive as Air plane. In this case, pilots are behaving just like glorified drivers - just what MP said.

First of all, A pilot is not a glorified driver. Do you know how much a pilot's training is worth. Its worth more than any Airplane he is flying and a pilot is worth more than any bloody politician in this country. What that leader has said is an outright insult. How would you feel when you are an Automobile Engineer and someone treats you like a mehanic or if you are an electrical engineer and someone calls you an Electritian. An Airport and more so an Airplane is a sensitive place and they simply cannot afford anyone throwing tantrums in there. Any small disruption in there could mean the lives of many people even if the plane is still on the ground. In most other countries this politician could not have got off so easy like he did here.

+1 lord

@prole
Did you try to fly a plane even if its in a sim? If you have, you wouldn't say that. Also, the politician bashing is not baseless. Its them that brought the name upon themselves.

Hi,

Lord Nemesis, Incidentally there is an article today in rediff how mismanaged Air India and Indian Airlines is.

A tough job for Air India boss

MP as a representative of his people have his right to protest. He protested not with his goondas as other MPs. He took senior airport staff with him, pilot must have respected senior staff too.

They delay flights such that private airlines can take mileage of the situtation. There is too much corruption in that area and public always blames MPs like MPs are they favourite beating boys. Even cheap celebrties get away easily. For eg., as I told this very MP with his influence helped people in that area to solve their problems by arranging foreign flights to be service in Calicut airport. This have irritated Air India very vell and Air India some way took a revenge. So understand before just sit and bashing favourite beating boy MPs or politicians.

I told you I have travelled several times. Never I have seen people protesting for flight being late for 30min, etc. Never I have seem pilot vying to help people in flight delays.

Its also interesting how Lord Nemesis can ignore what MP did for his people. India will be a better place if other MPs can add value to his sorrounding like this man. As I told, if he fighted by cockpit its not to take plane to WTC, just to add his voice for him and his people.

Am not taking sides or something, but pointing out the fact that how badly managed is every situation around us. Suddenly tomorrow if media diverts attention to real facts like problems faced by people everying will blame pilot and airport authorities leaving MPs alone.

^^ Actually what you say makes some sense.

But until we know the full facts on what happened (highly unlikely !) and also given the fact that politicians are well known for throwing their weight around, benefit of the doubt should go to the pilot.

BF1983 said:
^^ Actually what you say makes some sense.

But until we know the full facts on what happened (highly unlikely !) and also given the fact that politicians are well known for throwing their weight around, benefit of the doubt should go to the pilot.

Hi,

You told it right.... I was trying t raise the same point... :)

Just to put things into perspective...

Prole73 said:
Hi,

Lord Nemesis, Incidentally there is an article today in rediff how mismanaged Air India and Indian Airlines is.

A tough job for Air India boss

MP as a representative of his people have his right to protest. He protested not with his goondas as other MPs. He took senior airport staff with him, pilot must have respected senior staff too.

The MP has the right to protest as does every one else in the flight, but that should have been done it in a proper manner and through proper channels, and added to that his protests were mis-directed if he is blaming the pilot for the delay. This not a city bus that the driver can delay the bus so he can get some tea. The schedule of the flights are pre-planned and the pilot does not have any say in either the schedules or in plan changes. So he is not the person to be chastized. Also saying something like the Pilot is nothing but a glorified driver reeks of ignorance on the part of the person who said that. The sole duty of the Pilot is to man the plane safely and securely and nothing should be done to distract him from that. He does not have any say in any thing else.

Prole73 said:
They delay flights such that private airlines can take mileage of the situtation. There is too much corruption in that area and public always blames MPs like MPs are they favourite beating boys. Even cheap celebrties get away easily. For eg., as I told this very MP with his influence helped people in that area to solve their problems by arranging foreign flights to be service in Calicut airport. This have irritated Air India very vell and Air India some way took a revenge. So understand before just sit and bashing favourite beating boy MPs or politicians.

I told you I have travelled several times. Never I have seen people protesting for flight being late for 30min, etc. Never I have seem pilot vying to help people in flight delays.

I dont think Air India deliberately delayed the MP's flight to take revenge on him. :rofl: In any case, the Pilot has nothing to do with any of this politics. His job was flying the plane as per the schedules given to him, delays have nothing to do with him. And no none should be allowed to distract him from his work. The Pilot is not there to help to the people with their things or take their beating for flight delays.

Prole73 said:
Its also interesting how Lord Nemesis can ignore what MP did for his people. India will be a better place if other MPs can add value to his sorrounding like this man. As I told, if he fighted by cockpit its not to take plane to WTC, just to add his voice for him and his people.

Am not taking sides or something, but pointing out the fact that how badly managed is every situation around us. Suddenly tomorrow if media diverts attention to real facts like problems faced by people everying will blame pilot and airport authorities leaving MPs alone.

I dont care what he has done for his people. He may have done a lot, but this does not mean he can go on and insult some innocent pilot for flight delays that were someone else's fault. If he is indeed intelligent enough, he would have known that its not the Pilots fault and would have sorted out the matter through the proper channels since he has enough power to do that. Instead what he did reeks more of a publicity stunt than anything else and I guess the MP got what he bargained for.

As you said if media diverts attention to the airline problems, its will still be the politicians who will be blamed because they are the leaders. They should be the ones who put things right and that too in a proper fasion, not by showing their stupidity by blaming the Pilots for the delay.

Do you know that there is a lack of experienced domestic Pilots in India and most of the private airlines have to hire foreign Pilots and some MP goes about pissing of a Pilot for a fault which is not his.

Hi,

Lord Nemesis, if every one goes through proper channels and as per rules written down, practically nothing will happen in this country. Thats why we have politicans. Politicians are supposed to be our connection /common man's link between beurocrats. Beurocrats are the executors, now don't always stand and blame politicians, they are held up by beurocrats for ransom many times. If we voted for politicians like this, we deserve them. Just think that they too are human beings with characters like that of yours and mine.

Now, if some one did a good job, I won't hesitate to appreciate it, be it a politician or any one. I have nothing to do with politics, haven't gone even near a politician. And I feel all negative feelings against politicians. But why I have to hide facts ?

Now they didn't plan a revenge and blah blah blah... Where were you when there were repeated incidences happening being harped in media in that same airport because of negligance by pilots and airport ? It was a regular news item in regional media and Times now channel for few days. Protests were held by common man in street against high handedness of air port and pilots. It will be wise to comment on things atleast with some knowledge on the situation.

About uniqueness of Pilots - See, whatever the case, aeroplane is a vehicle. In our country its recent that common man started travelling by flights. For a frequest flier like me, its nothing but a vehicle to take me from one location to other fast. Thats all. If pilots are rare, the market situations will solve it in due time. There are millions of pilots and millions will be added from India itself as demand increases. For that I am not going to put down my self respect. I am paying well for the air ticket.

If pilot is blaming MP for flight delay, just reading this column from today's rediff: A tough job for Air India boss

It says: "On November 17, its flight to Abu Dhabi was delayed and the one to New York was cancelled. The very next day, passengers went on a kind of rampage after their flight to Mumbai was delayed by about seven hours. The airline is beset with engineering problems, so it's not hard to see why passengers imagine fuel leaks from the aircraft and refuse to fly, resulting in flight delays of 19 hours (this February). By the time the passengers agreed to fly, the crew refused to do so, saying they had exceeded their maximum flying time."

"However, with 148 aircraft currently in operation (31 of the new order of 111 have come in already) and at least 80-odd yet to come in over the next few years, as I see it, Air India has its hands more than full. Surely the need of the hour is to manage its existing fleet better? Very few private airlines with losses of the kind Air India is witnessing and the problems it finds itself saddled with would be spending so much time focusing on future fleet expansion. Till the red ink on the balance sheet turns black, most carriers would be very conservative with new aircraft orders. "

Wasn't these great pilots a part of this tradition ?

I am only typing this much since I am aware of situations in Calicut Airport and how much a big issue its for people there. This MP alteast raise his voice - you say an MP must sit in a closet and protest ?

What he can do he already did - arranged foreign flights to be serviced from that airport and helped his people. He can't even protest in his own country when our fellow pilot is protesting in USA ? That sounds tad shady.

If he did for publicity stunt this rich MP plus business man who have several interests all over world might have did it better. Though pilot and his association meowed several times, this politician is mum.

"I dont care what he has done for his people." - But I care that utmost.

MPs have special rights (no, not to fight in cockpit), if they did their duty well, and protested little bit beyond the drawn lines thats OK with me.

Back