MS Office auto saving in OneDrive

Ho,

In MS Office 2021 it is mandatory to login using a MS account. After one does that, it automatically links OneDrive to it and all the files of Word, Excel etc. get auto saved in OneDrive. Is there any way to disable this? Followed point one as mentioned here but still files are being auto saved in OneDrive https://www.online-tech-tips.com/ms...ffice-documents-to-local-computer-by-default/

Is it somehow possible to open office files from the older versions like Office 2007 in Office 2021?

Thanks

I am sure I am missing something here.. please do let me know.

Are you talking about Office 2021 or O365? In either, you can absolutely create a local file and work solely on it. I use both practically every day and have never had a problem opening files from older versions of office or using them without syncing to onedrive.

Turn autosave off and everything should be fine.

I am sure I am missing something here.. please do let me know.

Are you talking about Office 2021 or O365? In either, you can absolutely create a local file and work solely on it. I use both practically every day and have never had a problem opening files from older versions of office or using them without syncing to onedrive.

Turn autosave off and everything should be fine.
MS Office 2021. It asked me to link a MS account otherwise features will be restricted within a week. Now I have selected the option shown in method one as shown here https://www.online-tech-tips.com/ms...ffice-documents-to-local-computer-by-default/ but still files are getting saved in OneDrive as soon as I press save. If I am not online, they get auto saved the next time I am online.

Coming to the older version files, yes the 2007 files are now opening. Will get back if there's any issue. I think the other file had tons of macros and hyperlinks maybe it caused some issue. Anyways will further test and get back.

While you are testing that our, once your copy of office is activated, simply signout of office and see it is works. Since Office 2021 does not come with any additional storage apart from the 5GB one, I think those sneaky b*st*rds are using it as a way for people to sign-up for extra onedrive storage. While I find the onedrive sycing to be extremely useful, it is definitely not for everyone.

Simply signing out of the MS Account should not cause any problems or loss of functionality. Do let me know how it goes. It will I am sure also help others in the forum.

While you are testing that our, once your copy of office is activated, simply signout of office and see it is works. Since Office 2021 does not come with any additional storage apart from the 5GB one, I think those sneaky b*st*rds are using it as a way for people to sign-up for extra onedrive storage. While I find the onedrive sycing to be extremely useful, it is definitely not for everyone.

Simply signing out of the MS Account should not cause any problems or loss of functionality. Do let me know how it goes. It will I am sure also help others in the forum.
Signed out, the limited functionality message is not back yet but I will keep you updated. The MS office came with this system when the MS account was used to activate it, does that mean it is linked to that account and we can use the same credentials to install it somewhere else or is it linked to the system?

2021 is usually single PC. If it is account bound, you should be able to use it on other PCs. My guess it will work only on one PC at a time.

From what I remember, if you install it on another PC it is called a transfer and only one transfer is allowed every 90 days.

I haven't tried doing it.

Ho,

In MS Office 2021 it is mandatory to login using a MS account. After one does that, it automatically links OneDrive to it and all the files of Word, Excel etc. get auto saved in OneDrive. Is there any way to disable this? Followed point one as mentioned here but still files are being auto saved in OneDrive https://www.online-tech-tips.com/ms...ffice-documents-to-local-computer-by-default/

Is it somehow possible to open office files from the older versions like Office 2007 in Office 2021?

Thanks
Yes you
have to login with the MS a/c registered during the purchase of office package.
One drive is optional, I never use it, n t even in my office where its mostly a mandate.
On one drive icon, right click and disable sync fro options you find and also disable it from auto start.
Thats it!

Yes you
have to login with the MS a/c registered during the purchase of office package.
One drive is optional, I never use it, n t even in my office where its mostly a mandate.
On one drive icon, right click and disable sync fro options you find and also disable it from auto start.
Thats it!
Even after disabling it kept on syncing, it stopped after signing out
@soulweaver
Sir say one has purchased MS office suppose 2016 version. Now with the new system say 2018 version is included with it. Then is there a way to get the key of this 2018 version and possibly sell it or give it to someone? One way is to get it activated with a new MS account like say xxxx@gmail.com and then give that account's credentials to a buyer. But does a buyer buy like this?

If it is an account bind, you can simply give the credentials to the buyer. But nowadays, these account bind office versions do come pretty cheap, so I guess it is not worth the hassle.

If you don't want to have anything to do with onedrive, you can also uninstall onedrive from your PC

In this page, look at the last part where they tell you about powershell. This will sort things out for good.

If it is an account bind, you can simply give the credentials to the buyer. But nowadays, these account bind office versions do come pretty cheap, so I guess it is not worth the hassle.

If you don't want to have anything to do with onedrive, you can also uninstall onedrive from your PC

In this page, look at the last part where they tell you about powershell. This will sort things out for good.
Account bind means creating a new account like I mentioned and then binding/linking the preinstalled version with it? And then share these email details with the buyer?
When you said cheap, what is the source of those sellers?
Uninstalling onedrive didn't help, logging out did. But I will check that powershell method and will get back to you.

Back