msgina.dll

bbthumbhealer said:
use Resource hacker , its the best in business !

Resource hacker is not doing in windows xp 64bit...error is access denied or i thinks some 3d party issue is there or in 64bit its locked...is there
any solution?

Aman31 said:
Resource hacker is not doing in windows xp 64bit...error is access denied or i thinks some 3d party issue is there or in 64bit its locked...is there
any solution?

U can use process explorer Process Explorer ... in that goto find menu and put the name of DLL file and it will show which process has locked it :hap2:

Editing MSgina.dll in 64bit

1.First i copy the 64 bit files from the Windows\system32\ to another location

2.Edit the files with XN Resource Editor which can handle 64bit dll in your new location. (but not easy to use)

3.boot from your Windows installation CD and enter the Repair Console CMD thing.

4.Copy your edited files to windows\system32\ and reboot.

If you have also changed the icons in shell32.dll you will need to run TweakUI for Windows 64-Bit and use "Repair Icons".

I found that if you tried to edit these files directly from system32 with a 32 bit editor (I haven't found a Full 64 bit version), windows will redirect the changes to the 32 bit dlls in Windows\syswow64\ directory. This is why you need to move the files to another location, as windows will not have the copied files in use and wont redirect the changes.

Also you shouldn't be able to open the 64 bit files with ResHack or Resource Editor.

XN Resource Editor

Delphi

TweakUI 64 bit

Download TweakUI 64-Bit Edition 2.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

kekerode said:
U can use process explorer Process Explorer ... in that goto find menu and put the name of DLL file and it will show which process has locked it :hap2:

i have found it but can it be unlock?

krishnavamshi24 said:
Editing MSgina.dll in 64bit

1.First i copy the 64 bit files from the Windows\system32\ to another location

2.Edit the files with XN Resource Editor which can handle 64bit dll in your new location. (but not easy to use)

3.boot from your Windows installation CD and enter the Repair Console CMD thing.

4.Copy your edited files to windows\system32\ and reboot.

If you have also changed the icons in shell32.dll you will need to run TweakUI for Windows 64-Bit and use "Repair Icons".

I found that if you tried to edit these files directly from system32 with a 32 bit editor (I haven't found a Full 64 bit version), windows will redirect the changes to the 32 bit dlls in Windows\syswow64\ directory. This is why you need to move the files to another location, as windows will not have the copied files in use and wont redirect the changes.

Also you shouldn't be able to open the 64 bit files with ResHack or Resource Editor.

XN Resource Editor

Delphi

TweakUI 64 bit

Download TweakUI 64-Bit Edition 2.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

i did your step but still access is denied

Back