Graphic Cards MSI 5850 - Grey Screen Crash

^^

Could you please update your signature and/or tell your full system configuration. Specially tell the Radeon driver version you are using. Any memory dumps generated..? C:/windows/minidump. Also which OS, any OC'ed component. Else your query is far to vague.

asingh said:
^^

Could you please update your signature and/or tell your full system configuration. Specially tell the Radeon driver version you are using. Any memory dumps generated..? C:/windows/minidump. Also which OS, any OC'ed component. Else your query is far to vague.

processor: q6600

psu: coolermaster real power pro 750w

motherboard: asus p5q pro

ram: 4gb ddr2

monitor: benq g2020hd

hd: 2 500gb drives (7200.12 seagate and cavier green western digital...windows is installed on the seagate one)

driver: used the one that came with the cd, then downloaded the supposed "fix" and then downloaded the latest 10.4 driver and none of them worked.

oc: haven't oc'ed anything

as soon as i start gta iv my screen gets stuck and it comes back again and after a few minutes i get the grey screen of death. ive also tried to play crysis and cod4 and get the same problem.

so i just select the ati drivers in drive sweeper and let it do its thing and install 10.3 ?

also can you give me the link to download 10.3 ?

^^

You can try 10.3, but I would prefer 10.4a.

Just overlay them for starters, and check. Let me know. 10.4a are far more stable compared to 10.3. Go to the sticky thread for drivers on this forum, and DL the 10.4a link I have posted.

Neojjk, there is one thing to give advice, and another thing to give sound advice. You are advising the OP to run Driver Sweeper and a registry tweak tool. Would it not be also nice to suggest to create a restore point. And there is nothing wrong with the OPs OS. It is quite far fetched to suggest an OS change. Please.

the 10.3 whql is 235mb ?

asingh said:
^^
You can try 10.3, but I would prefer 10.4a.

Just overlay them for starters, and check. Let me know. 10.4a are far more stable compared to 10.3. Go to the sticky thread for drivers on this forum, and DL the 10.4a link I have posted.

im downloading from this

ATICatalyst10.4Preview

clean the display driver then install latest catalyst 10.4 release .
check your GPU temprature n see if its running at normal temp. or not then
do some stress test for the GPU like Unigine Engine 2.0 test or 3dmark vantage
etc n then post back...:|

Okay, attack #2. Do these steps carefully.

1. Create a restore point.
2. Uninstall ALL ATI applications normally from the uninstall interface.
3. Restart and get into safe mode desktop.
4. Execute Driver Sweeper. Remove all traces of ATI.
5. Log back into normal Desktop.
6. Run CCleaner for registry fix.
7. Install 10.4a.
8. Restart.
9. Run Furmark. Tell me the GPU core and GPU memory temperatures. (Can use CCC to check the temperatures and/or GPU-Z).

Try changing the default PCIE clock to 101mhz from 100mhz in bios. Also try disabling ATI high definition Audio device in device manager. I heard that will improve GPU stability. And yes use 10.4 catalyst.

asingh said:
Okay, attack #2. Do these steps carefully.

1. Create a restore point.

2. Uninstall ALL ATI applications normally from the uninstall interface.

3. Restart and get into safe mode desktop.

4. Execute Driver Sweeper. Remove all traces of ATI.

5. Log back into normal Desktop.

6. Run CCleaner for registry fix.

7. Install 10.4a.

8. Restart.

9. Run Furmark. Tell me the GPU core and GPU memory temperatures. (Can use CCC to check the temperatures and/or GPU-Z).

Done all of them...about to start furmark...any specific settings i should set ?

ztiis.png

339svbc.png

my screen resolution is 1600x900 but it isn't in the option so i chose the next closest resolution (it didn't allow 1600x1200 though so i chose 1440x900)

Back