Graphic Cards MSI 6870 Twin Fozr or MSI 460 Hawk

I am planning to upgrade my GPU and my Budget is 14 - 15k. I have narrowed down the possibilities to the two above mentioned cards (not sure if the MSI 6870 Twin Fozr would be available for within 15k, couldnt find the price in India). I play all the games and will be playing @ 1920/1080 resolution. Need help on which would be the better buy..

Much better to go for ATi Radeon HD 6950 in the case if you want to buy ASAP and want reliable performance < maybe if you are lucky it will unlock and give you a HD 6970 ~ touching the GTX 570/ 580 territory, while skimping on cost >, the usual conundrum will be chances your HD 6950 will not unlock and the GTX 560 might be a great mid-range bomb. Else advantages are you get decent performance with HD 6950 + might unlock + It really is unlike nVidia which loves to guzzle power :).

AMD Radeon HD 6970 and HD 6950 Review ~ HD 6970 and 6950 review

HD 6870 & HD 6850 vs. GTX 460 1GB: An Overclocking Study

MY CALL RIGHT NOW WILL BE PATIENCE, but the decision is in your hands bruv :)

And please mention the rest of your configuration for a better to the point reply to which card will suit your system, your PSU might need to go.

Actually am upgrading my whole system :eek:hyeah:
Specs i have decided on are:
1. Intel i5 2500k
2. ASUS P8P67 Pro
3. 4 Gigs G-Skill Ripjaw (or Corsair Dominator)
4. 650W Corsair PSU
5. Lastly planning on a NZXT Phantom :eek:hyeah:
open to any advices on the specs above also.

6950 is aboyt 18k right? Any idea about the price of 6870 twin fozr? Also, when is 460 launching. Not sure if I will be able to wait for long since i am getting all these from a friend in China:clap:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also Benq G2420HD..

I don't recommend anything less than a 6950 for that setup. Anything else is just waay to slow and you'll be unsatisfied with the performance.

^^

Bruv chuck inhibitions and head for a ATi HD 6950 OC like hell and flat-out enjoy :) GOOD LUCK with the RIG build

I would say go for a Core i7 instead of Core i5. Even if it is a Socket 1366 or 1156.

Try to go for 8 GM RAM as RAM is really cheap. Though it isn't required atm, but there is no harm. And a year down the line you may need it.

Get at least a 570 or 6970 to power that setup adequately.

And either go for a Corsair HX series (no TX please) or Seasonic PSU. And I would recommend at least a 750 watts keeping in mind some room for future upgrades.

Given the same speed, SB isn't noticeably faster.

The speed is more or less the same.

I would say go for a Core i7, whether it is SB or not. If it has to be SB, go for 2600k.

And yea, SB may oc significantly better, but Core i7 950 are great at oc too, easily 4-4.2+ instead of about 4.5 which will about equal being a Core i7, if not better.

If i have to go for 6950 as you guys suggested, i will need to cancel the Phantom :'( and buy some cheaper case like Gamma.... Actually my plan was to buy one of the cards mentioned in the subject now and SLI of CF later on.

rite said:
Given the same speed, SB isn't noticeably faster.

The speed is more or less the same.

I would say go for a Core i7, whether it is SB or not. If it has to be SB, go for 2600k.

And yea, SB may oc significantly better, but Core i7 950 are great at oc too, easily 4-4.2+ instead of about 4.5 which will about equal being a Core i7, if not better.
Core i7 950 at 4.2ghz will run very hot... So IMO buy 2500K which can easily be overclocked to 4.6 GHZ by just increasing the multiplier... AND i5 2500K is a 32nm Processor so it wont get as hot as i7 950 at 4.2GHz...

killmastern3 said:
If i have to go for 6950 as you guys suggested, i will need to cancel the Phantom :'( and buy some cheaper case like Gamma.... Actually my plan was to buy one of the cards mentioned in the subject now and SLI of CF later on.
The NZXT Tempest EVO is a great albeit cheaper cabinet :).

Back