Laptops MSI Brand Gaming Laptops: Are they good?

@sumon and seamon don't go OT.
PS: the names sound the same. LOL
It was really a heated argument back there!
I'm not surprised to see debates. Thats why I used "personally" in most of my posts.
As end users, we must also think of the general populace on what type of device will be the norm. This is how vendors choose which products to launch. Vendors will go bankrupt if everything is customized to what every person wants.
True. I'm not going to deny it. Even if you cannot do much with the hardware part please do you best to improve your after-sales services.
Yes, thank you for sharing. To be honest, if Intel/NVIDIA and AMD do not have this big war like Coca Cola and Pepsi, MSI wouldn't be stuck on the possibility of producing the best of both worlds. You know what I mean?
Its inevitable lol. On a serious note competition (not in a bad way though) is good for consumers. Really. :D

Last edited:
Yea sorry for that argument, I am a debater so I tend to get a little self-righteous. But seriously.......Sandy Bridge?
Sigh. Don't try to start any useless argument again. I said personally. If you still don't get that then i have nothing more to say. And you still don't seem to understand what I had posted. So I don't see any point of further arguing with you, I'm simply going to ignore you.

Last edited:
what kind of problem are you facing? its quite straightforward last time i checked.
It is not as straightforward as it seems. There is so much uncertainties with the BIS application. I will start a new thread with this issue. Someone might be able to help with the expediting the procedure.

Yea sorry for that argument, I am a debater so I tend to get a little self-righteous. But seriously.......Sandy Bridge?[DOUBLEPOST=1397146944][/DOUBLEPOST]@rhyansy I guess you are having problem with the new BIS norm. I think laptop manufacturers have to engrave the certification and compliances on the product.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Business/India-Business/New-norms-may-make-electronics-costlier/articleshow/33207944.cms
This is crazy new requirement! As mentioned in the article, if big players are having a hard time, what more MSI as a small player in India will most likely even have the hardest time just to put up something on sale in India!

This is crazy new requirement! As mentioned in the article, if big players are having a hard time, what more MSI as a small player in India will most likely even have the hardest time just to put up something on sale in India!
Blame it on our poor economy and insane corruption levels.

Also, based on statistics report (http://www.livemint.com/Industry/jU...India-PC-sales-up-8-to-324-million-units.html) India is still one of the regions in the world where laptops sales are still increasing.
We like to show-off. :p jk.
If the rate of our corruption is lower then I'm sure that these taxes would either not exist or cut down considerably. This corruption affects everything and everyone.
Lets hope that our new PM, whoever it is will handle our economy, better than our present PM.

Great news update!!! MSI Gaming will be partnering with Acro Engineering (http://www.acrotechindia.com/) with our official re-launching in India! Feel free to let me know your feedbacks about this!

Hi rhyansy.
Congrats for the relaunch. I was in the market for buying a MSI gaming notebook a couple of years back. Didn't work out though.

Now I'm thinking of buying the laptop from the US.
I'd like to know whether the warranty will be valid in India? I would be greatly obliged if you could reply asap, since I have to place the order for the laptop today itself.

Else it will be the Lenovo y510p.
Personally I'd prefer MSI.

Thanks.

Great news update!!! MSI Gaming will be partnering with Acro Engineering (http://www.acrotechindia.com/) with our official re-launching in India! Feel free to let me know your feedbacks about this!
So you've found a partner? thats cool. But let me have the honor to be the first one to submit this :p http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/rant-acro-engg-delhi.155896/
Did i forget to mention that SMC sells products at much higher rates than other stores? Everyone in Delhi knows this and its why I avoid it. I used to be a loyal customer and recommended the shop to everyone i know but the later bad experiences with them changed my opinion. Have ignored the shop ever since.
Anyway, all the best on the partnership.

Last edited:
So you've found a partner? thats cool. But let me have the honor to be the first one to submit this :p http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/rant-acro-engg-delhi.155896/
Did i forget to mention that SMC sells products at much higher rates than other stores? Everyone in Delhi knows this and its why I avoid it. I used to be a loyal customer and recommended the shop to everyone i know but the later bad experiences with them changed my opinion. Have ignored the shop ever since.
I totally agree. SMC has higher prices and customer service attitude is poor too.

They aren't replacing my mouse either. I send it to them with double click issue and no click issue, they send it back to me saying, no problem... And it a works fine for 2 days and problems begin again..

ACRO engineering company is a joke..

So we know what to expect from msi service..

Hi rhyansy.
Congrats for the relaunch. I was in the market for buying a MSI gaming notebook a couple of years back. Didn't work out though.

Now I'm thinking of buying the laptop from the US.
I'd like to know whether the warranty will be valid in India? I would be greatly obliged if you could reply asap, since I have to place the order for the laptop today itself.

Else it will be the Lenovo y510p.
Personally I'd prefer MSI.

Thanks.

Thank you for the support for our gaming brand. We are currently one of the best already based on various IT media rankings.
Honestly speaking, international warranty is not supported in India as local infrastructure is not par to global standards. BUT buying locally will have Indian warranty supported. We encourage people to buy locally instead of importing abroad.

Sorry to read about your experience. Two things here to be noted:
(1) RMA service in India --> As commented already in the Acro rant thread, they have the right not to service anything if no proof of purchase was given. A lot of customers locally abuse warranty. It's the whole system that's broken, so to minimize this, they have the right to do so.
(2) Prices higher than other stores --> As prices will become fixed eventually as online retailers become big, I don't see this pose much of a problem.

They aren't replacing my mouse either. I send it to them with double click issue and no click issue, they send it back to me saying, no problem... And it a works fine for 2 days and problems begin again..

ACRO engineering company is a joke..

So we know what to expect from msi service..

Acro is a disty and MSI do have an authorized service provider for hardware cases.

If you say service in general, why should I be here listening to our valued end users if service is bad? We're trying hard to do this in a different way touching everyone in social media age. It hurts too you know to hear constant rants which are mostly baseless...

they have the right not to service anything if no proof of purchase was given.
I get your point but the least which they could have done was check the S/N which they didn't. Why was the S/N given in the first place when it was not even being respected?

I get your point but the least which they could have done was check the S/N which they didn't. Why was the S/N given in the first place when it was not even being respected?

I cant verify this as we are all third person not on the scene. There could be a lot of scenario happening that we don't know..

Back