Laptops MSI Brand Gaming Laptops: Are they good?

When can we expect your high end gaming laptops to become available in India ?

As BIS application is still pending, I can only give an EST of July for now. Will update further officially soon as we have got a word from them.

Are any 15 inch laptops with good GPU coming? Planning to be one in the July august timeframe. The other laptop I am looking at is the Asus g56jr.

Yes, all the release from MSI is going to be 15 in. GS60, GE60, and GP60. Will post the final SKU with prices in a few days as BIS application is at its final stages already.

Hard to decide if I should go for y510p i7 (65k on amazon.in) or wait for MSI. I feel that y510p's equivalent offering from MSI is probably gonna be more expensive.

Bumpty bump...

@rhyansy It's near mid July. Any updates on the BIS certification thingy? Do we have to wait another month!? :(

I really - really - need to buy a laptop. My old one's in bad shape and I'm biding my time on a 10 inch netbook :'(

I only ask because lenovo y50 is being launched pretty soon and for many of us desperately looking for a laptop to buy, it'll be a great choice/alternative to, say, GE60 - what with the y50 having the 860m on the Maxwell architecture.

Also, can you at least hint on the prices? Y50's cost should lie in the 80k - 90k range. Unless MSI launches the ge60 series in a comparable price range (~90k to 95k), I dunno if people will go for MSI (in this range, at least) especially considering that after sales service reputation of MSI here in India isn't good compared to Lenovo.

Let us know.

Bumpty bump...

@rhyansy It's near mid July. Any updates on the BIS certification thingy? Do we have to wait another month!? :(

I really - really - need to buy a laptop. My old one's in bad shape and I'm biding my time on a 10 inch netbook :'(

I only ask because lenovo y50 is being launched pretty soon and for many of us desperately looking for a laptop to buy, it'll be a great choice/alternative to, say, GE60 - what with the y50 having the 860m on the Maxwell architecture.

Also, can you at least hint on the prices? Y50's cost should lie in the 80k - 90k range. Unless MSI launches the ge60 series in a comparable price range (~90k to 95k), I dunno if people will go for MSI (in this range, at least) especially considering that after sales service reputation of MSI here in India isn't good compared to Lenovo.

Let us know.

We're very sorry as I cant announce anything yet as India government side is just too slow...If only this is not required, we could have re-launched already back in March! It's 4 months waiting for us also!

As for prices, we will announce together with specs availability once everything is confirmed.

As for after service, we will have a new third party service partner as Smartlink was really bad partner for us.

^ Can you please check and tell if there is a possibility of buying extended warranty in India if I import a MSI GE70 Apache from US ? (That laptop just rocks btw ! Hope you bring it to India)

^ Can you please check and tell if there is a possibility of buying extended warranty in India if I import a MSI GE70 Apache from US ? (That laptop just rocks btw ! Hope you bring it to India)

Not possible, this has got to do with the infrastructure in India that cannot be on par with the US and other countries. Thank you for understanding.

UPDATE : Announcing that the EST July re-launching of MSI Notebooks will be delayed to August, 2014 because of unresolved matters regarding BIS certification. It has been going very slow and out of our control. Thank you for understanding.

I know it doesn't matter much to you but you just lost one guaranteed customer. Meh. Seeing how things have been going till now, I'll be surprised if you manage launch before October.

I guess I'll just have to go with the Y50 coming out early next month. :rolleyes:

I know it doesn't matter much to you but you just lost one guaranteed customer. Meh. Seeing how things have been going till now, I'll be surprised if you manage launch before October.

I guess I'll just have to go with the Y50 coming out early next month. :rolleyes:

It matters to us because we're losing A LOT by this delay. Business dealings are being punished by these unwarranted regulations. Most medium/small brands cannot survive in India because of this.

UPDATE : Announcing that the EST July re-launching of MSI Notebooks will be delayed to August, 2014 because of unresolved matters regarding BIS certification. It has been going very slow and out of our control. Thank you for understanding.

Any idea about the launch date?
And which models will be here and their approx price please!!

MSRP is too HIGH!!! :/

It's not. Please compare the right models first before making this claim. GS60 competition is Razor Blade and Auros, which both are not available in India. This is premium ultrabook gaming laptops segment! MSI is bringing the best offerings without any compromise as what other countries are able to enjoy. THAT is the cost of bringing it to India.

Will bring the comparison topic to the other thread.

Back