Laptops MSI CX Review

anoojkris

Recruit
Oct 29, 2009
hi everyone,

recieved my new msi cx 620.had searched the net and couldnt find any decent user reviews.
anyway took the plunge because of the pricing-32990rs and 2 year warranty .also had good
experience with msi products,used their MBs and graphic cards earlier.Was thinking of dell
inspiron 15 but was put off with the new pricing which came to around 39.
the specs-core i3-330m,3GBram,500GB HDD,1GB ati 5470,win7 premium 32bit.initial impression very good.
Build quality very good.tough laptop compared to acer i have used before.excellent full size keyboard(chiclet) with numberpad.touchpad has a rough type texture which was very good to use but has no option to disable it.it gets in the way while typing,found it very irritating.single strip mouse buttons were good to use.screen is glossy type,and at par with other laptops in this range with 1366*768 resolution.screen hinges seems tough and way better than the acer ones.webcam standard fare ,not working now need to resolve it.Most ports are in the back,includingpower,1 USB,HDMI,ESATA/USB combo,keningston lock.Right side has 1 USB and dvd drive.left side includes the exhaust vent,LAN,audio jacks,cardreader and card slot..upper part of the keyboard has 3 buttons including power and 2 buttons for choosing the graphics which is implemented flawlessly with minimum interferance.
Laptop came with windows7 home premium 32bit.not much bloatware free 60days NIS and MSoffice.
battery life was ok couldnt test properly but more than 2 hours with WLAN on and sixty percent brightness.windows experience gave a score of 5.1.
overall satiafied with the laptop considering its price.yet to test any games ,maybe later.dont think itll be much different from other 5470 equipped ones.
PROS-good build quality,keyboard,screen.switchable graphics that really works.win 7 premium.got a nice msi laptop bag.looks stylish.2 year warranty.
CONS: trackpad gets in the way and option to disable it.camera not working .unknown service quality.only 2 proper usb ports placed unconventially and difficult to use.only 4 Gb ram limit.

img0471w.jpg

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
post few pics.. and more details...

did u see any dell inspiron 15.. any comparisons?

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
If you or if anyone needs help with MSI laptops let me know. i can help with after sales service details. i know who to contact in MSI India.

As for your webcam use the function key Fn and press + F6(check user's manual the key should have a webcam logo on it) to start the webcam. download and install camera recorder programme for bison camera from MSI's website -- in your case navigate to you product page and select download camera recording software. install the software and press Fn+F6 to enable the camera.

pr.itdude

Disciple
May 27, 2009
hey nice quick review,
and at 33K its awsm deal.....
yaar plz can u post some pics....

@all, hows the ASS of MSI.
I've almost decided with Lenovo z560 (with 512MB card @ 36.3K)
now again in a state of confusion.....

But seriously, i havn't seen MSI's product with people......it definitely has very low sales.
Does this may affect the ASS.....?? i know MSI is known for quality hardware. But in India, there may be some issues.....

Guide guyz.....

anfjavid

Skilled
Dec 16, 2006
anoojkris said:
hi everyone,

recieved my new msi cx 620.had searched the net and couldnt find any decent user reviews.
anyway took the plunge because of the pricing-32990rs and 2 year warranty .also had good
experience with msi products,used their MBs and graphic cards earlier.Was thinking of dell
inspiron 15 but was put off with the new pricing which came to around 39.
the specs-core i3-330m,3GBram,500GB HDD,1GB ati 5470,win7 premium 32bit.initial impression very good.
Build quality very good.tough laptop compared to acer i have used before.excellent full size keyboard(chiclet) with numberpad.touchpad has a rough type texture which was very good to use but has no option to disable it.it gets in the way while typing,found it very irritating.single strip mouse buttons were good to use.screen is glossy type,and at par with other laptops in this range with 1366*768 resolution.screen hinges seems tough and way better than the acer ones.webcam standard fare ,not working now need to resolve it.Most ports are in the back,includingpower,1 USB,HDMI,ESATA/USB combo,keningston lock.Right side has 1 USB and dvd drive.left side includes the exhaust vent,LAN,audio jacks,cardreader and card slot..upper part of the keyboard has 3 buttons including power and 2 buttons for choosing the graphics which is implemented flawlessly with minimum interferance.
Laptop came with windows7 home premium 32bit.not much bloatware free 60days NIS and MSoffice.
battery life was ok couldnt test properly but more than 2 hours with WLAN on and sixty percent brightness.windows experience gave a score of 5.1.
overall satiafied with the laptop considering its price.yet to test any games ,maybe later.dont think itll be much different from other 5470 equipped ones.
PROS-good build quality,keyboard,screen.switchable graphics that really works.win 7 premium.got a nice msi laptop bag.looks stylish.2 year warranty.
CONS: trackpad gets in the way and option to disable it.camera not working .unknown service quality.only 2 proper usb ports placed unconventially and difficult to use.only 4 Gb ram limit.

img0471w.jpg
Download synaptics tp app from synaptics website and disable it.. No need to disable every time when logging on with f key....

anoojkris

Recruit
Oct 29, 2009
img0471mv.jpg

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

guys tried to upload images from imageshack by pasting direct links not working .what to do?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

img0433xw.jpg

ankitmane

Adept
May 10, 2008
Mumbai
superb buy...
great vfm .. .at 33ks its so much cheaper than the dells , the vaios with the same config..and 2 years warranty.

i think this is the one to get for ppl on tight budget..

for the images

try imagebam and paste the bb - code

pr.itdude

Disciple
May 27, 2009
this is *steal* at this price point.....nice buy !!

When u ordered this ??

Now this machine costs around 36K on ebay (the same deal was at 33k few days ago)

Checked and contacted that guy.....but now its 35.9K

This is nowhere available in Delhi now.... (tried in even N.P) !!

Decan

Disciple
Apr 18, 2008
^ You should try it at Croma, if it is there in Delhi. It is available at all Croma stores in Bombay at 34,999/-, or at least it was until last month. Not so sure about now. Else I think it will show up again on the eBay DOW most probably very soon, the seller has a huge stock. I originally brought this from Croma but have had a few acquaintances get it from eBay on DOW from the same seller.