Graphic Cards MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC vs HIS 6950 2 GB

If you plan to keep the card for a long time then 6950 2 GB no doubt.

but

I would choose the 560 if you plan to upgrade later as nVidia doesn't drop it's prices as fast as ATI.

*also i am an nVidia fanboi*

Not yet, still planning to buy. Hopefully in the next fortnight. More interested in 6950 because the board i'm interested in supports only crossfire. (ASRock 890GX-Extreme3). BTW, are HIS cards available in bangalore?

Guys, any of you have any idea if the Gigabyte 560 SOC is available in India? its clocked at 1000Mhz and beats the 570 at ease.. Would be worth the money..

comp@ddict said:
If you wanna try for the BIOS unlock, then grab HD6950 2GB.
That was with the earliest models only I doubt current generation HD 6950's 2GB will have binned Stream processors instead they will be reference HD 6950 die in themselves.

killmastern3 said:
Guys, any of you have any idea if the Gigabyte 560 SOC is available in India? its clocked at 1000Mhz and beats the 570 at ease.. Would be worth the money..
Maybe it is available on order here haven't seen ASUS or Gigabyte cards for sale here except an ASUS EAH6870 card at Golccha Comps at S.P. Road so you might try your luck there + be ready to pay a heavy premium :).

ALPHA17 said:
That was with the earliest models only I doubt current generation HD 6950's 2GB will have binned Stream processors instead they will be reference HD 6950 die in themselves.

People who recently bought HIS HD6950 2GB were able to unlock HD6950 into HD6970 successfully... So if he buys HD6950 2GB now also then i think he will b able to unlock it...

Checkout this link: Newegg.com - HIS H695F2G2M Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

No, the HD6950's which are available now in India are infact the old ones, since it takes time for a product to reach india.

So we are in luck..

So buy 6950 first and then decide on the rest of the config? I kinda want to do that. Don't want to miss out on that freebie of 6970. Gotta see how the rest of the week pans out for me.

comp@ddict said:
No, the HD6950's which are available now in India are infact the old ones, since it takes time for a product to reach india.

So we are in luck..
I meant to say that even new batch HD6950s are unlockable... BTW I think AMD dont wanna remove this unlocking thing from their HD6950s... Coz someway or the another HD6950 2GB is doing the damage on GTX560 aswell as on GTX570...

Hades. said:
I meant to say that even new batch HD6950s are unlockable... BTW I think AMD dont wanna remove this unlocking thing from their HD6950s... Coz someway or the another HD6950 2GB is doing the damage on GTX560 aswell as on GTX570...
I thought it was more of the die factor where due to shortage of the Dual-Core dies initially forced AMD to bin two cores on a Quad and sell them as Phenom IIx2's... if they did it on purpose we can't say but makes me wonder I doubt this trend will continue.

Back