Graphic Cards MSI or Leadtek

verbage

Disciple
Hi all,

I finally got around to buying the components I wanted today. I'm still waiting on the gfx card. I'd decided on the Leadtek 7600GT. My dealer though started me thinking on the MSI 7600GT (he said those were better/had better after-sales service etc.).

I tried searching on these forums and didn't find anything definitive. So too online. This is complicated by the fact that MSI seems to have 4 different versions of the 7600gt and I'm not sure which one my dealer has.

XFX is not something I've been thinking about, but can ask tomorrow. But b/w the 3 which ones should I go for and why?

What you guys think?
regs,
/vv

First off where are you located? If in a major metro, after sales shouldn't be a problem. So you can opt for whichever of the cards factoring in price, extra frills, cooling etc.

Leadtek has strong presence in South India and XfX in North India.

MSI does have service problems as most dealers are reluctant to sell MSI products, so I would advise you to stick to XfX / Leadtek :)

I'm from Bangalore. The price diff between the 2 cards is barely 300-400 rs.

I'm not particularly concerned about frills. Cooling is a factor as I intend to do some oc-ing. And after a bad experience with a club-3d radeon 9800pro, after-sales service is important.

I understand nearly everybody incl. MSI offer 3 yrs warranty.

Pls. advise.

verbage said:
I'm from Bangalore. The price diff between the 2 cards is barely 300-400 rs.
I'm not particularly concerned about frills. Cooling is a factor as I intend to do some oc-ing. And after a bad experience with a club-3d radeon 9800pro, after-sales service is important.

I understand nearly everybody incl. MSI offer 3 yrs warranty.
Pls. advise.
You won't go wrong with leadtek or xfx. I'd prefer xfx for their great after sales service though.......and yeah you understand right, all of the card makers offer 3 years warranty. What is more important is how fast they are with their RMA process and replacements. I've found xfx/leadtek to be generally solid in that case....

MSI but has some really good products, I normally buy gfx cards frm US, and I would easily go for MSI over these, as their after sales service in US is awesome. Fast reply's prompt, RMA's etc. I had good expereince with their mobos and gfx cards.
Besides aftersales service in India would suck for any product.

MSI is the best.i bought my MSINX6600GT in april 2005 from USA - Chicago and is the damn good card but got fried recently so im using BiG 6600GT OC which is better then MSI though as OC version :p

XFX is The best . Period ! Has Higher clock speeds and Runs Relatively cool ! Also its the most famous Brand in India and the after sale value is good ! It Might be rs 500 more expensive but IMO its worth it ! B/w Leadtek and MSI ~ Leadtek for sure ! :)

Leadtek Is the best choice as far as after sales service is considered at least in south india.Go for 7600 gt from leadtek

I finally got around to buying the components I wanted today. I'm still waiting on the gfx card. I'd decided on the Leadtek 7600GT. My dealer though started me thinking on the MSI 7600GT (he said those were better/had better after-sales service etc.).

I tried searching on these forums and didn't find anything definitive. So too online. This is complicated by the fact that MSI seems to have 4 different versions of the 7600gt and I'm not sure which one my dealer has.

XFX is not something I've been thinking about, but can ask tomorrow. But b/w the 3 which ones should I go for and why?

What you guys think?
regs,
/vv[/QUOTE]

I'd think MSI's build qual may be slightly better than leadtek. Why not check out asus too, their 7900GT has had a big price drop in India..
I cannot comment on service but performance and quality wise MSI>Leadtek>XFX IMO :)

hey the leadtek 7600gt is giving me some problems.i bought the card in hyderabad,but i know live in bangalore.can anyone give me contact no for any leadtek sevice center

^ i used both Leadtek/XFX on my previous GFX 6/7 series card... have some minor issue with after sales within 6months.... now for the first time using MSI (see my rig) ...man awesome card... great performance out of the box and superb cooling added on... sometimes room ambient goes around 40C but card never cross 70C on load (4hrs crysis)... still running damn solid without a single issue...
man every single card has its own advantages/disadvantages even with same brand same chip... so its all upto u coz after all its electronics can showup problem anytime... besides i will prefer for that one which have better After Sales services at ur location if u looking better on that otherwise MSI/XFX is little better if performance or overall concern...

Back