CPU/Mobo MSI P - 45 OR Asus P5Q

utkarsh86

Disciple
Hi Guys,

Simple question just one answer E 8400 system no over clocking will be done which mainboard is better MSI P-45 series which includes

MSI P45 NEO3 FR

MSI P45 NEO2 FR

Or Asus P5Q.. Im not saying Pro or deluxe just simple P5Q and as the above MSI Series are still cheaper than the Asus basic P5Q..

I m buying another Pc tommorow so need it for that.. Price consideration is also on my mind but which is the better as there will be no over clocking done at all

All help would be appreciated

+1 for MSI if u want to be safe in the long term for the above reasons.

Edit: Holy s**t, that's 3 consecutive posts in 3 diff posts of me bashing Rashi!

Dont worry Naga - I am sailing in the same boat cursing Rashi everywhere i go !! I guess only people who go through that agony can empathize with us.

^^though wud have suggested P5Q, but I am also a victim of going through rashi rma process(or no rma process) hence maybe the MSI

i read about rashi thing u mentioned i dint understand what u meant in the asus vs msi thread.. are u saying that the service by asus is bad ?

^^^^hmmm....ASS of asus is mostly handled by Rashi Peripherals and its completely pathetic as of now in India. Though most of us like Asus products but because of the service most of us are quite disappointed and generally try to avoid products distributed by Rashi Peripherals.

Getting the MSI P-45 Neo/C2D E8400 myself as good vfm, wanted the Asus P5Q but its not compatible with my XFX 8600GT, can't afford to get new gfx card right now. MSi P-45 Neo3 for better mobo components or the Neo2 for Crossfire. All three boards are cheaper than Asus.

From above two, I would say go for the MSI due to the above said RMA issues with Asus.

But for that budget, you can get a Biostar TP-45HP ( Crossfire + Good OC capabilities) or the Biostar TPower i45 if its available ( not sure about its price. Must be around 8k )

Back