CPU/Mobo MSI P965 Platinum availabililty n price?

Vandal

Skilled
I'm looking to go C2D soon. decided on the P965 Platinum from MSI after reading up reviews from anandtech and toms. seems the board does commendably at stock and is a moderate OCer...

Any idea of availability and pricing in Mumbai? I've been outta the game for awhile...Also anyone used this motherboard, any known issues?

Last I heard its the same price(~11k) as P5B Deluxe which makes it really poor value for money :p. The board sucks btw... doesn't go beyond 330-340FSB. If thats all you want, the P965 Neo is a much better deal.

i really think P965neo is really better price performance based as the platinum board can hit the limit really early ,the asus boards r expensive so budget overclocking neo is good also the ram required will not be too expensive

IMO it makes no sense to go for P965 platinum, if you have 11k to spare. Rather go and get a Asus P5B dlx, cos there is a huge OC potential difference between the two boards

Go for either the P5B Dlx or P5B-E if ur budget is lower. The next boards to consider would be the Gigabyte 965 DS3/S3. Forget abt the MSI boards

hunt3r said:
Go for either the P5B Dlx or P5B-E if ur budget is lower. The next boards to consider would be the Gigabyte 965 DS3/S3. Forget abt the MSI boards

So the prices are similar (DS3, P5B dlx) I was expecting prices around 9K. Man thanks guys....staying away from MSI...

ds3 & p5b dlx are diff prices.

ds3 being around 8.4-8.7k & the p5b dlx being around 12.5-13k.

i have bought a ds3 from godsp33d. if u looking for a good board at a great price i too suggest to get it from him cause @ 7k its a steal. check the market.

stormblast said:
ds3 & p5b dlx are diff prices.

ds3 being around 8.4-8.7k & the p5b dlx being around 12.5-13k.

i have bought a ds3 from godsp33d. if u looking for a good board at a great price i too suggest to get it from him cause @ 7k its a steal. check the market.

Hey vandal,

Want a 975x? Let me know.

Regards,
Karan

^ not for my pc. office pc. need to setup a couple of pcs for work. so makes more sense to go c2d. ram mostly have arranged something good. but will tell once i get them in my hand. will get a 6300 alongwith the board & ram.

stormblast said:
^ not for my pc. office pc. need to setup a couple of pcs for work. so makes more sense to go c2d. ram mostly have arranged something good. but will tell once i get them in my hand. will get a 6300 alongwith the board & ram.

Way, way OT....

anyways ordered an Asus P5B dlx. Expect pics when I get it....:eek:hyeah:

Back