CPU/Mobo MSI Vs Gigabyte B550 : Which seems better?

pom99

Disciple
Which one do you suggest? Apart from the obvious difference of Wi-fi what else does the MSI have going for it? Is it worth it? I know can't really get reviews but on a simple feature-by-feature comparison what do the learned folks here suggest?

MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI shorturl.at/DFIN9 or Gigabyte B550 Gaming X shorturl.at/juA14

Regards & thanks

Personally I will go with MSI for features & solid build quality.. Gigabyte I never liked their mobos and almost all of my friends mobos died after 3 yrs of warranty.
Asus I personally had bad exp. on 3 boards but seems destiny wanted to prove Asus image wrong and my current mobo is strong for 7yrs TOUCHWOOD!
Biostar surprisingly gave me my first awesome exp and had to consider it in good old AMD BE days for unlocking purpose.

Last edited:
MSI service in India had some horror stories a while back. Don't know if it has improved off late.
Thanks.
Post automatically merged:

Personally I will go with MSI for features & solid build quality.. Gigabyte I never liked their mobos and my friends mobos dies=ed after 3 yrs of warranty.
Asus I personally had bad exp. on 3 boards but seems destiny wanted to prove Asus image wrong and my current mobo is strong for 7yrs TOUCHWOOD!
Biostar surprisingly gave me my first awesome exp and had to consider it in good old AMD BE days for unlocking purpose.
Thanks.
Post automatically merged:

If I take my question one step further and ask - I will be adding a Ryzen 5 3500 and a RX 5700 in the near future to the whichever Mobo I finally choose. Will probably never do 4K gaming but will play games at 1080p ultra settings. Now with all this additional information does the mobo quality (gaming /non-gaming/ extended heatsinks etc.) still matter? Based on what I have read so far elsewhere, it won't really matter much. Besides, I am hardly a hardcore gamer. Gaming on weekends with productivity tasks is the best description for me.

Last edited:
If I take my question one step further and ask - I will be adding a Ryzen 5 3500 and a RX 5700 in the near future to the whichever Mobo I finally choose. Will probably never do 4K gaming but will play games at 1080p ultra settings. Now with all this additional information does the mobo quality (gaming /non-gaming/ extended heatsinks etc.) still matter? Based on what I have read so far elsewhere, it won't really matter much. Besides, I am hardly a hardcore gamer. Gaming on weekends with productivity tasks is the best description for me.
It matters if you wish to stick to the same setup for long runs. A penny invested is a good time spent well though sometimes its uncertain as eod its an electronic item. But if your budget permits grab the very best you can.

It matters if you wish to stick to the same setup for long runs. A penny invested is a good time spent well though sometimes its uncertain as eod its an electronic item. But if your budget permits grab the very best you can.
Yes, I plan to stick with the same setup for 4-5 years with maybe only change in the CPU. And my purchase/ budget philosophy is basically -"save where you can even if it is 500 bucks and invest it towards a more powerful GPU (in this case that being the RX 5700)". Note: I will never overclock or use a top-of-the-line CPU such as the Ryzen 3900 or future equivalents. At most, I might use a 3700x or equivalent but that is also highly doubtful.

Last edited:
Back