OC & Modding MSI wind overclocking[Official support]

Rahul

Skilled
Latest bios in MSI wind has enabled support for overclocking. not full with all frequency and multiplier options, but you can over clock it by 8% or 15% or 24%, i am currently running it at 15%, in which it runs in 1856Mhz in load condition and 928Mhz in idle.

stock is 1600Mhz and 800Mhz, it can easily run at 24% as what i have found and with that CPU goes to 2000Mhz almost.

you have to enable the overclock percentage in BIOS and then while in windows you can switch between Turbo(OCed) and non turbo mode with Fn key. it will work only of laptop is running on wall power, not battery.

you can see the BIOS flashing method here

MSI Wind Bios 1.09 Download and Update - Officially overclock and increase graphics performance - Electric Vagabond: Nuts about Netbooks | news and analysis

please follow each and every step as said as many people reported of many hardware not working after flash including keyboard, bluetooth, wifi etc .....

^^ thats a good question, but they have added the option in bios and i tried it so thot of telling everyone about it :p

^^ well it doesn't gets heat up even at overclocked speed :p

heating up that can lead to im********** , so be careful while overcloking your lappy :rofl:

techie_007 said:
Its inbuilt na. use the super hybrid mode. OCs to 1.8Ghz or something I believe.

no bhai..it doesn't crosses 1.6 ghz anyway .

There was some eeepc clock software, but never helps bah ! It just hangs my lappy and shows white screen :D

coolraghav said:
no bhai..it doesn't crosses 1.6 ghz anyway .

There was some eeepc clock software, but never helps bah ! It just hangs my lappy and shows white screen :D

err...it does :D I have tested it out. Will write a review soon. PM me if u want the screenies in advance :)

techie_007 said:
err...it does :D I have tested it out. Will write a review soon. PM me if u want the screenies in advance :)

i need them .... ! you heard me . (no pm)

I clicked some DSLR shots of EEEPC, let me know if you need them for the review :p

coolraghav said:
i need them .... ! you heard me . (no pm)

I clicked some DSLR shots of EEEPC, let me know if you need them for the review :p

Shots I have. Will post a pic once I get home today :) Goes to around 1.8 i think.

Back