CPU/Mobo msi z68ma-ed55 b3 HELP !

shrikky

Disciple
Hey guys , My bro is in USA i recommended him to get this mobo, along with an i7 2600k .. His prev processor and mobo was almost same (had to replace cuz of some issues) . The problem is out of 8GB DDR3 RAM, only 4 GB is recogonised, I cannot think of any possible problem as 8Gigs was recogonised in the previous motherboard but not this. Can you guys enlighten me on this topic.

I am more concerned cuz he is not using his PC there so m getting it to INDIA along with a new GTX 670.
<
So i want to make sure the flaws are rectified there itself.

Hey guys , My bro is in USA i recommended him to get this mobo, along with an i7 2600k .. His prev processor and mobo was almost same (had to replace cuz of some issues) . The problem is out of 8GB DDR3 RAM, only 4 GB is recogonised, I cannot think of any possible problem as 8Gigs was recogonised in the previous motherboard but not this. Can you guys enlighten me on this topic.

Okay is the motherboard flashed to the latest BIOS revision, if not do so. To get the latest BIOS for your motherboard, head here. The latest edition released some time in January 2012.

Apart from that which brand memory is your brother using? Might be an incompatible variety OR one of the RAM modules has decided to take a hike so you might need to RMA the same.

Finally to verify if your RAM has really gone for a hike use this tool, MemTest 86+ v.4.20. Download this and burn a CD / pen drive with a boot version. So the next time your PC restarts with the media plugged in, a test instance will run [let this go on overnight] by morning you will know whether any of your RAM modules have errors in them and then RMA the same.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Back