MSN Virus ???

Decius

Adept
Hi All

I have Win XP Pro OS

I m experiencing a weird problem, last nite i was workin on net n suddenly my comp slowed down, as i cheked task manager it showed MSN messenger with 98% CPU usage :eek:

I immediately closed the MSN messenger, ran full system scan with Kaspersky AV, but no viruses found, and then when i tried accessing the net, to my surprise i found i was not able to do so :eek: absolutely no internet access, i tried rebooting and it took abnormally long to boot up that's more than 5-7 mins (btw i hav 512 mb RAM), ran spybot, a2, kaspersky but no malware, trojan, virus found... I received no files from msn, clicked on no links, i hav no idea wots goin on. :(

My virus definitions r up to date, same is the case with spybot, up to date definitions. Now for the time being i resorted to system restore and all is fine for the time being but if its a virus/trojan my system will b again screwed up in no time i m sure. Anyone hav any idea wot cud have gone wrong.

I m using

Antivirus - Kasperksy
Antispyware - Spybot with resident teatimer enabled.
Firewall - Outpost Pro
Thnx in advance :)

u shud hav run hijackthis and post a log file....
now since u hav restored , the virus files are not loaded on startup...so hijackthis is useless now,so u can try microsoft anti spyware, do wait for more solutions...

Back