MTNL 3G Experience

annababu

Disciple
Guys,
I'm planning to get MTNL 3G 4500 but my Primary usage will downloading & that too 80gb a month
so anyone using MTNL 3G 4500?

pls care to share experience with speeds, especially while torrent downloads & Uptime/downtime ratio

thanks,

MTNL 3G gives speeds in the range 1.5Mbps to 3.2Mbps in any time of the day, but the speed factor is mainly dependant on the network coverage (dBm Values) & the number of users using the network simultaneously on the same n/w cell. Overall MTNL 3g is great in terms of plans as compared to other operators & has decent speeds too.

For torrents it totally depends on the seeders & their upload speeds, however http downloads are much faster than torrents.

I am myself using the Rs.4500 unltd plan & its simply the best among all 3G n/w in India.

Only thing is that if you r going to download 80GB per month then Rs.4500 plan is a bit overkill.

overkill means not to go for is the indication or Higher downloading is what he wanted to suggest?

usage will surely go upwards bt lack of speed prevented me downloading more

Now once I get Router with USB then it won't be issue as I can certainly cross limits of running it 24 x 7 for more days in a week

ok!!, but will wait for sometime to see if Network issue with MTNL get sorted out or else have to make arrangement such that router can be kept along with window all the time

Go for it.. 800GB will be credited to your account post the plan activation for 6 months. But if you finish it within 6 months they will credit 800GB more

I have completed 800GB in 3.5 months (not 24x7 though) and post that i got 800 GB more ;)

Note : [\b]You need to go through hassle for getting subsequent 800GB, as it wont be credited automatically. I raised the complaint/request and waited for 2 days to get extra GB. Also when the initial 800GB got over, it will end up eating your talk time amount at 1p/10kb :S

that SIM will be specifically used for internet no calls, 800GB surely sufficient for me,

btw ur signature showing MTNL 3G Results? how do u find connectivity, speeds? how much time needed to download 10GB movie? its ur primary connection? i heard somewhere that connection gets disconnected after 2Gb,true? i hope that massive speed in Vodafone is not Unlimited one

download rate is about 1GB/ hour( direct downloads). it is my primary connection. connection gets disconnected but that is not a great problem iMHO. i used it along a nokia and an android phone both phones can manage the connection on their own.

I have a problem with my MTNL 3G sim.
Since the 3G plan got de activated in Delhi, I got one from Mumbai.
In Mumbai, the speeds were close to 1.5 mbps but in Delhi, the speeds won't cross 350 kbps.
Is it that MTNL has a speed cap on roaming or am I missing something?

annababu said:
that SIM will be specifically used for internet no calls, 800GB surely sufficient for me,
btw ur signature showing MTNL 3G Results? how do u find connectivity, speeds? how much time needed to download 10GB movie? its ur primary connection? i heard somewhere that connection gets disconnected after 2Gb,true? i hope that massive speed in Vodafone is not Unlimited one

It's my primary connection. Yes, frequent disconnection is normal (happens randomly n not only after 2GB) but can be overcome by a software

Vodafone unlimited? I will never happen buddy
viditkalra said:
I have a problem with my MTNL 3G sim.
Since the 3G plan got de activated in Delhi, I got one from Mumbai.
In Mumbai, the speeds were close to 1.5 mbps but in Delhi, the speeds won't cross 350 kbps.
Is it that MTNL has a speed cap on roaming or am I missing something?

No. I have used in Chennai and i used to get around 3mbps. Some ppl even get 5mbps :s

^^Guys .. Is it possible to get an MTNL 3G sim from Mumbai & use it in Pune on a regular basis without any compromise with speed..? :huh: :huh:

vasim21 said:
^^Guys .. Is it possible to get an MTNL 3G sim from Mumbai & use it in Pune on a regular basis without any compromise with speed..? :huh: :huh:

Don't think so, as some people are saying that when roaming they are getting 350 Kbps speeds. But do wait for more users to reply too.

Regarding MTNL 3G , I use it in roaming BSNL network & the speed is not affected at all & get continuous 1.5 - 3 Mbps speeds, main factors governing speed will be network coverage, simultaneous users on the same n/w cell & speed of download server.
Also 1 point that goes in favour for MTNL users in BSNL roaming is lack of UL BSNL 3G plans :p as a result you dont have download freaks like us who have 24/7 downloads so speeds are rarely sluggish

Back