MTNL 3g - no unlimited plans?

anuragingle

Disciple
Was checking out the new mtnl 3g prepaid plans at

3G Prepaid

and saw that the 2500/- bimonthly pack which earlier had unlimited downloads now has a cap of 100 GB, same with the half yearly pack.

Looks like there are no ISPs left offering 3g unlimited downloads without FUP.

:(

And I was just in the process of acquiring an MTNL sim for the unlimited plans! :mad: Anyway I believe there was a soft limit of 200 GB anyway after which your speeds would be throttled.

OT : My friend had got me an MTNL sim from Delhi some 3 weeks back and even now it is not activated for voice calls thanks to the new regulations. Yesterday I simply tried the Rs 20 one day internet pack and surprisingly internet is working perfectly fine even though the tele verification is pending. :p

Btw on MTNL Delhi site the Rs 1650 plan is still shown as unlimited. ;)

OT : My friend had got me an MTNL sim from Delhi some 3 weeks back and even now it is not activated for voice calls thanks to the new regulations. Yesterday I simply tried the Rs 20 one day internet pack and surprisingly internet is working perfectly fine even though the tele verification is pending. :p

Btw on MTNL Delhi site the Rs 1650 plan is still shown as unlimited. ;)
It is. Been using it for more than a year now. 1-1.5 Mbps during the day, 3 during the night. UL downloading. :p

No hidden FUP at all? I read somewhere than there is a limit of 200 GB after which the speeds will be capped at 256/384k. Is it true?
No. Once you reach 200GB, just call their CC (they are surprisingly good and do know their stuff), tell them your quota is over and they will give you another 200 GB (to be used till the end of charging cycle).

No. Once you reach 200GB, just call their CC (they are surprisingly good and do know their stuff), tell them your quota is over and they will give you another 200 GB (to be used till the end of charging cycle).

Oh ok. Good then, I am using it in Bangalore, will try the 1650 plan after few days (once the SIM is fully activated, don't want to get it suspended or something middle of the cycle)

Regarding the CC, I had called them multiple times as the outgoing calls are still barred but they kept on saying its fully activated and there is no issue from their side! :|

Lol. I had called them up last year because my recharge was failing on PayTM and surprisingly they knew which all sites were working and which ones were failing for MTNL recharges ! I think just a matter of luck.

Lol. I had called them up last year because my recharge was failing on PayTM and surprisingly they knew which all sites were working and which ones were failing for MTNL recharges ! I think just a matter of luck.
Whats delhi mtnl 3g apn . Have a sim will try it out in data card

@varkey

Are there no additional charges for data on roaming?

I also need to get a 3G connection and am from mumbai. The postpaid plan for Rs. 1650 looks good. Planning to get that.

Also this will have 3G speeds all over India right? using BSNL network?

Last edited by a moderator:
@techygeek : No extra charges for data roaming, and roaming other than in Mumbai and Delhi using BSNL Network.

Yes, 3G speeds all over India! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So the plans give 3G speeds all the time right? unlike how the other operators throttle it to 2G speeds after a certain amount.

Are you guys using it with Cellphone or with 3G Device ?...

If 3G device and which one is recommended ??

Planning to get MTNL Sim, only for internet usage in Mumbai... Any reviews ?

Data roaming is free. I purchased my MTNL Delhi 3G sim last year. Been using it since in Chhatissgarh, West Bengal, UP, Karnataka etc. without any issues.

i have a mumbai mtnl sim but couldnt get any 3G or even gsm signals in nagpur,
right now staying in kalyan and facing a lot of disconnections

I also wanted to comment on this but thought it might be a one off, from 2 weeks back facing lot of disconnections, I'm located in Sion area!, just renewed it week back, prior to the disconnections it was pretty awesome, working as desired around 1.3 MBPS speed

Back