MTNL connectivity issue?

Anyone facing connectivity issue with MTNL triband?

I couldn’t access internet for quite a few hours this evening and not even my MTNL GPRS connection was working. Right now I can connect and I get full 1mbps when I test my connection with Delhi server, however the moment I test it with server located in another country or try to download things from US hosted sites, I am getting 100-200kbps connection speed, instead of 1mbps.

I am too Facing the Same problem Last 2 Weeks . It Breaks like hell at Night sometimes it shows Timeout all night I am having Night UNLIMITED PLAN

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
I am having it too.

2mbps connection, all's good on the router but pathetic speds of only 100-200kbps, broken pings, and timed out requests.

impulse1992 said:
i'm also experiencing the same thing:-(
hmm... any news on undersea cable breaking like earlier?

rahulmig said:
I am too Facing the Same problem Last 2 Weeks . It Breaks like hell at Night sometimes it shows Timeout all night I am having Night UNLIMITED PLAN
Just started facing it today, otherwise it was working properly for past several months.

I had started another thread in this section about high pings on TF2 servers last week on my MTNL connection. Basically, when I run the trace route command on any IP address, I see a time-out on the first hop.
tracert <IP address>
Are you guys facing this issue as well?

It happened last year as well. Last year I suspected that it was the students browing in the holidays season. This year I think doubling the speeds have overloaded the MTNL infrastructure. Summer holidays are yet to come. Moreover many people like me are still stuck in 512 KBPS.

Brace yourself for poor connectivity till July!

Yeap slow speeds here as well , since yesterday evening , even now its not fixed.

Something must had happened in MTNL servers as its a wide spread problem.

Ditto here. It happened on and off in the evenings during last week. Since yesterday night its become permanent. I am getting 10kbps on torrents and downloads and online gaming just doesnt work. Surfing is slow as hell too and you can forget about Youtube. Router is still synced at 1mbps so its definitely MTNL.

Thank god I am not the only one though. Misery loves company. :p

Guess it's corroborated now ...still I'll go ahead and add. There was some problem last evening. I couldn't even browse (timed-out) even though the router was connected. Tried changing to Open DNS but didn't help. Thankfully, it appears ok now.

hellfire said:
Guess it's corroborated now ...still I'll go ahead and add. There was some problem last evening. I couldn't even browse (timed-out) even though the router was connected. Tried changing to Open DNS but didn't help. Thankfully, it appears ok now.

Probably spoke too soon...the problems are recurring sporadically...for up to a few minutes to about half an hour.

teracore said:
Yeah its fixed for now. :D

Yeah its fixed :), played Battlefield Bad Company 2 on PS3 for two hours straight , no problems :D

Last night was getting DC'd again and again in KZ2. :mad:

I hope it doesn't happen again. :no:

Back