MTNL launches Fibre to Home broadband services

Re: Something awesome from MTNL!!!!

This isn't an upgrade. Still stuck at 1Mpbs 999 plan.

I was hoping 2-4Mbps, would blow Airtel away(I want airtel to get bankrupt)

comp@ddict said:
This isn't an upgrade.
It is.

More companies will adopt to FTTH now, and FTTH is just awesome. And more companies adopting to FTTH will mean lower prices for the plans in the future.

I wish there was MTNL in all metros.

For the time being MTNL is launcing this technology

God knows when they will implement it and what will be the pricing.

the launch is just symbolic because MTNL wants to prove they are better in among all platforms.

in ADSL nobody is going to challenge them.

a new player is coming so they will do all that is necessary to prove they are at the forefront.

i wont be surprised if people who pay for 1mbps in Fibre see speeds more than 5mbps or higher in

the initial period.

this will give them enough mouth publicity to increase their subscribers (this was visible in their adsl

launch) .

perhaps they got the news that hayai is going to launch soon :p

panther said:
Useless... it has FUP policy they should have alteast provide 5 mb/s for 1k... Adsl is better at this time/

Presently worst plans. I would treat BSNL unlimited FTTH plans or MTNL DSL BB plans as best right now

When comp to MTNL FTTH.

Gaurish said:
BSNL has also has similar FTTH plans which are costly:

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

And;

NO, it did not blow my mind:|
FTTH Aint about 1/2/5mbit Speeds, Its for speeds for 20mbps, Present ADSL technology can be used for giving 1,2or4 mbit/s.

I see FTH 1 mbps for 999 which is the current price of DSL 999 1mbps so why wont anyone opt for this plan ? Or i misunderstood it ?

The dabba i was taking is the landline which one has to pay for incoming because they do not provide adsl connection without their landline. If that is the case Then users can save those hundred odd bucks of rent for the landline. :S

dinjo said:
I see FTH 1 mbps for 999 which is the current price of DSL 999 1mbps so why wont anyone opt for this plan ? Or i misunderstood it ?
Two simple reasons:

1) fibre is not available is most areas, currently its all on paper with actual launch just in very few areas. While, DSL is available every where.

2) you have to spend additional money on buying ONT box and yet get the same speed.

so my point is:

if one needs 5-10Mbps, we can easily get it on DSL. for speeds beyond that is where you want to have a FTTH connection:cool2:

Aman27deep said:
It is.

More companies will adopt to FTTH now, and FTTH is just awesome. And more companies adopting to FTTH will mean lower prices for the plans in the future.

I wish there was MTNL in all metros.

Umm.. lower prices? Haha, DOnt see airtel getting on this

Back