MTNL Mumbai 256kbps Unlimited at Rs.599

Ahh finally!

Now that MTNL Mumbai has the same plans that MTNL Delhi is offering, any new upgrades in terms of bandwidth will take effect in both the cities simultaneously.

I have been using the said plan since January of this year, and Mumbai is getting it just now. While Mumbai was getting upgrades on all their unlimited plans in August, Delhi people kept looking. This is great news.

Till 10.25 am @ 1-12-2009, local MTNL office didn't have any information about Rs.599/- plan, other than it's launched by MTNL but no other information/update with their system.

what on earth r the bsnl authorities doing? will somebody gv them wake up call?
WAKE UP BSNL,saare pal kahein ;-)

Hmmm nice plan no wonder they increased the speed of original 256 plan to 384 for the Rs 749.

They didnt want to reduce the price of the plan so increased the speed a bit, and started a new plan with the reduced price an the old speed. :bleh:

New customers for the new 256 plan and retaining the old customers of the old plan, nice idea :p

This is the speed I'm getting on 2mbps Night Unlimited. Is this speed okay?

A friend of mine's using Airtel 1mbps line and he's getting 1mbps downloading and 1mbps uploading.

Why's there so much difference in uploading speeds:mad:.

I feel bad as I cannot help the torrent community and I really want to upload. :hap2: .

aman.pitbull said:

This is the speed I'm getting on 2mbps Night Unlimited. Is this speed okay?

A friend of mine's using Airtel 1mbps line and he's getting 1mbps downloading and 1mbps uploading.

Why's there so much difference in uploading speeds:mad:.

I feel bad as I cannot help the torrent community and I really want to upload. :hap2: .

rather than ranting on forums, you could have just checked mtnl's website where the plan details are listed. and things will be crystal clear

stalker said:
rather than ranting on forums, you could have just checked mtnl's website where the plan details are listed. and things will be crystal clear

But why do they give such less uploading speeds.

OK, some important info. here they are still charging for 10pm-12pm period. I downloaded around 984mb and just by luck I was checking my daytime usage and saw 984 mb accounted for. So I registered a complaint and they removed 984 mb usage. And yes I do reset my modem before using.

After I checked today I saw that they've accounted for 135mb again??. Looks like they've updated the plans but not their time accounting system.

So people on NightUnlimited get your doubts clarified with MTNL help-desk(1500) or you might get a BigBill at the end of the month.

Back