MTNL Mumbai High ping to TF2 servers

All of a sudden my pings to TF2 servers have skyrocketed. I tried pinging the MTNL DNS server and even that takes 105ms. Traceroute shows 3 *'s and Request timed out for the first hop.
Please help.

After asking around in another forum, I learnt that this is possible if the ISP switches on interleaving on the line to prevent frequent ADSL disconnects. However, I'm unable to get the MTNL guys to confirm this and switch interleaving off to get my pings back to normal. Does anyone know whom to contact at MTNL to get this problem resolved?

b_naresh said:
After asking around in another forum, I learnt that this is possible if the ISP switches on interleaving on the line to prevent frequent ADSL disconnects. However, I'm unable to get the MTNL guys to confirm this and switch interleaving off to get my pings back to normal. Does anyone know whom to contact at MTNL to get this problem resolved?

ur speeds must hav reduced to 1Mbps or less....... which plan r u having?? check ur connection speed in ur router....

My pings had rocketed to 100ms on MTNL DNS servers when they downgraded my speed to 1Mbps on 999UL....... now I came back to 849NU & 2Mbps..... pings to MTNL DNS is back to 14ms:hap2:

I have the 1.34(or is it 1.5)Mbps UL plan(Rs. 1599 pm). Download speed is not an issue. I get about 130-160KB/sec download speed. They changed something on my connection because I was getting the ADSL light going off problem. My pings have been high after that. It's no fun playing TF2 with high pings.

Back