MTNL TriB 590 NU

lol ya there is.. in the router itself... :bleh:

192.168.1.1 - advanced -ppp

there you can set the router to disconnect after a certain no. of minutes when the connection is idle(that is its not downloading or uploading anything)

so say you do have an automatic disconnection say at 7:55 am...

and have the setting to disconnnect your router after 3 minutes of idleness.. so ifyou shut down at 7:55 am... the router would disconnect at 7:58am.. :)

(thats how i used to use it, now i`m in bridge mode, so the connection is software controlled in bridge mode, so it disconnects when i just shut down my comp)

i used that setting i typed out, for like an year.. without any problems.. so try it out :D

Triad said:
What really happens is somewhat similar to what ^^blaster mentioned ...
They treat the connected period as one session - take the total usage during that session and divide it by total connected time - then they bill u according to average amt. of usage that lies outside free period (12-8am)

e.g. if u r connected from 11pm to 1am and download only 10MB during 11pm to 12am but 70MB from 12am to 1am - ur total usage for session is 80MB and total time is 2 hrs (so 40MB per hour)
out of this only 1 hr. lies in free period so 40 MB are free - the other 40MB lie in non-free hours so u r billed for 40MB !!
(it works the other way too - so if u download 70MB from 11 to 12 and 10MB from 12 to 1 - u'll still be billed only for 40MB if it's the same session !!! )
Hey knoughtyd,

There's nothing to worry.
Im too using the same plan from MAY 06. and as mentioned by triad above ull be only charged for the 40mb. Even if u keep ur pc ON from 11pm to 9am the things that u downloaded from 12am to 8am will not be counted.... in ur 1gb account.....
Nothing to worry. Just chillax and DOWNLOAD AT THE SPEED OF THOUGHT.... ;-)

WHat id suggest u is to sychronise ur system clock to the mtnl's clock (check logs ie session histories) and switch ur router ON at 12-05am. and switch it off at 7-55am..(use programs like auto shutters to auto shut-down ur pc at 8am)
Im doing the same thing.
Surf by day and download by night.

true... Daedelus...

Me have experienced the same thing yesterday itself.....

The router was disconnected at 0930 hrs.... and I was only charged for the 0800 to 0930 hrs instead of the popular notion of being charged for 0000 to 0930 hrs... mtnl rulz (currently in my area atleast \m/) ...

Back