MTNL Triband: Net disconnects when second phone is picked up.

Poisonblack

Disciple
Apr 15, 2008
Hello everyone.!
I am using MTNL Triband DSL 399 with Dlink GLB-502T Router.I have two telephones under same no_One is connected to router in the living room and the other is in bedroom.The problem is that whenever the bedroom phone is picked up, the net gets disconnected for a while.Same happens when the phone is hung up after finishing a call.This gets really irritating when playing games online since my family members have to frequently us the phone.
Any suggestions to get rid of this problem are most welcome.!
~Cheers n Peace~
Poisonblack

Poisonblack

Disciple
Apr 15, 2008
Anish said:
^ +1, pickup a ADSL splitter, mine cost 120 bucks, works like a charm :)
Can you explain the connections you made after getting the splitter.?I will be getting mine tomorrow.! :hap2:

gauravs123

Disciple
May 7, 2008
i have a splitter nut still my net disconnects whenever i answer the phone...i need to restart the modem to get back online...and it disconnects again when i put the phone down...will need to call customer care..

Dec 18, 2007
www.vishalverma.net
^ same problem here...only 1 phone, its ring is a death knoll for my connection...lol...

also...many times the net gets disconnected in da night too when im downloading frm torrents...anyone else face this problem?
(mtnl triband 590 night unlimited 256kbps plan)

tHeFiRsTiDioT

Disciple
Sep 11, 2005
thefirstidiot.livejournal.com
stellarhopper said:
^ same problem here...only 1 phone, its ring is a death knoll for my connection...lol...

also...many times the net gets disconnected in da night too when im downloading frm torrents...anyone else face this problem?
(mtnl triband 590 night unlimited 256kbps plan)

Yeah, its been happening often the last couple of weeks.

Question - we have to reboot the modem at 8 in the morning on the night free plan - any way to automate this?

Kneo

Adept
Jun 27, 2006
Convert your connection to a PPOE connection (the process is outlined in one of the other broadband forum - dont remember the name) and write scripts to automate connect/disconnect. Run them as scheduled tasks.

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Aug 27, 2007
Pune
www.wrapcode.com
I had same problem.. Did some advanced mod :bleh:

Used Main connection on router directly and then via splitter I given other connection to Phone.. Working fine with 2 normal + 1 cordless phone :)