MTNL Triband problems yet again..

Recently my MTNL triband connection at Airoli Navimumbai was facing frequent disconnections. As suggested by others, i mailed all the DGM and GMs and got the Rabale head (nearest exchange) to resolve the line. Post which it was running smoothly with SNR around 28-35 and Attenuation around 35-40..

Two nights ago, kept Windows 8 dev preview download and kept the router ON for 24 hrs while i went to office. It disconnected while downloading and since then it is not connecting, DSL light keeps blinking (tried rebooting modem/router and also restarting it). Earlier the disconnection used to accompany with noise/static on the telephone line. This time there is not static on the landline so i think the issue is with the modem/router or the spliter.

I tried connecting it directly without the spliter involved. No help there. How do i check if the router is working properly or not?

My 192.168.1.1 page loads up but the SNR/Attenuation values comes up as N/A. Please help. As with MTNL, they dont know much about what goes wrong and generally do trial and testing. So was to be sure if the problem is at my end or theres before firing up all cylinders again at them :)

Regards

Neo

OP, If you bought Router from MTNL than just with Blank head go to MTNL exchange & told them that you think router is faulty & you want it to get changed, rest all left on them, they are not going to give you exchange VERY EASY & will perform few test to see where the fault with or is (in line or router or adopter).

will do that, but for my knowledge i want to know how to test the modem, if it is working fine, recieving and transmitting signals... Also the earliest i can visit mtnl office is next weekend.. That means 7 days on gprs..

Back