MTNL Vs Reliance Vs SSV Cable.

agm_105

Disciple
Hi frnds...

I am currently using Reliance Wimax . 150Kbps . i get around 15 to 18 kbps download speed. but their customer service is not upto the mark.had a bad exp recently when the attenna stopped working. so i plan to change the connection.

My requirements.

UL plan.
No downtime or less ( 24 hours is fine with me )
should be below 1k
Access to torrents and P2p sharing.

based on this i got these ISPs

MTNL ( 256 UL ) 999 + 700 installation + Modem Cost
SSV ( 256 UL ) 540 + 500 installation

I know MTNL has got quality but i cudnt get good reveiws on that. hw many ppl do we hav in this forum who use 256 kbps plan. or would give thumbs up for MTNL.

as far as SSV goes it a local cable guy in NaviMumbai . I got few frnds who use SSV. the net disconnects if there is a power failure. i got a inverter at my place so with reliance it was 24/7 online . no downtime. in a span of 1 yr the total downtime would amount to only few hours excluding the recent exp.

so ISP gurus suggest me if i shud go with MTNL or stay back with reliance or take up cable ...

agm_105 said:
MTNL ( 256 UL ) 999 + 700 installation + Modem Cost

MTNL will give you the modem free of cost if you go for that plan. Why do you want to buy your modem?
In fact, at the time of application, you can even ask for a wireless modem and you will get it free of all costs.

Stay with reliance...r u from CBD..i got a wimax too and the recent prob was somethin technical...but other than dat i never faced any downtime watsoever....

MTNL user for the last 3 years.

Amazing reliability. The net has been down only twice, that too when the deep sea cable was cut.

Before that I had Sify that used to dead almost 5 days a month. Besides, I have experienced good customer care. Everytime I have called to get my plan changed, it has been promptly taken care of.

mtnl is very good !

only issue is their pricing..

in my area there`s a new broadband service i saw marketin today..

620 bucks for 512kbps daytime (UL) and @ nite it turns in to 1mbps (UL) from 12PM to 9AM

I cant imagine what life would be like without 2mbps. I am even hungrier for more, thanks to Tata night unlimited and hourly package. I get 2mpbs unlimited 9:00pm to 9:00am and most of my day usage for 3500 rs per months for 6 months :)

Go with MTNL

instead of UL plan go for Night unlimited plan of MTNL........ it roxxx....... 2Mbps connection with avg download speed of 210KBps at night too.......

I use it and am able to download 5.3GB every night.....

Plus if ur into online gaming then u'll get the best possible ping than any other ISP......

MTNL Triband ROXXX

I have MTNL..Its very Stable Net

I have 849 NU Plan and also MTNL IPTV ( 100 Per Month )

MTNL Doesnt Know to configure My Dlink Modem for IPTV

So my IPTV is Now Disable .. so at night i enjoy 4-5 MBPS Speed ( 2 MB from MY NU + 2-3 MB of MY IPTV ) at NIGHT :) :) :)

Revolution said:
Everything OK for Reliance except their customer service is the worst.....:mad:

i've actually found it pretty decent. been using reliance broadband for well over a year now... there was a period last year between october and say january when my net used to go down every 2 weeks. once it was a modem issue, other times it was at their end... that was very frustrating, especially if it happened on friday/saturday and it wouldn't get fixed till after the weekend. however, when i look back at it now, their service each time was pretty prompt... the problem would get fixed within 24-48 hours. for an internet addict like me, even 2 days offline is unbearable but objectively speaking, they would surely solve any problem within a couple of days. that's pretty good considering that i've heard stories where people wait weeks waiting for their connections to get fixed.

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
mtnl is very good !
only issue is their pricing..

in my area there`s a new broadband service i saw marketin today..

620 bucks for 512kbps daytime (UL) and @ nite it turns in to 1mbps (UL) from 12PM to 9AM

Dude what's the name of the isp ??

SSV cablenet is really bad in terms of uptime. Unfortunately, I am using their 128k unlimited plan. Minimum 4 hrs a day, the connection is down. Having an inverter will not change this as they have issues with their servers. Since the rains have started, the downtime is much much more. Frequent disconnections is also a big issue. In terms of reliability, I would rate it 1 on 5 at most.

I would highly recommend you to stay away from SSV cablenet and go in for MTNL.

You can try 24Online via SSV. Downtime's pretty much Nil as compared to Sify. I am on a 128KBPS UL plan for 420Rs. Do not take Sify. MTNL is good too.

thnks guys for all ur replies.

I think i wud stay back with reliance for a while. as i said earlier over a year i didnt had issues it was only the last weekend i had downtime...

as far as mtnl is goes...i think they shud offer something like bsnl UL plans...or let bsnl enter mumbai.they shud stop bullying other ISP's
guys frm Navimumbai who are on reliance ....can we start a thread for P2p and gaming issues.

stay with reliance if you don't face frequent downtimes. the tech support is useless. try and get a number of one of their local engineers. that way you dont have to go through their useless troubleshooting steps just so that they will register the complaint even when it's a tech issue from their end. ssv sux.

no positive reveiws abt the same.....if a ISP has a downtime of more than a day its useless..and tata has never shown a consistency.....

Back