multi meter and assorted electronics components

surajspai

Disciple
hello,
i dont know where this topic goes,posted here:ashamed:
so,i was looking for a nice good quality multi-meter with all the bells and whistles.i used to borrow them from friends(cheap 300rs wala) and they dont last too long.i thought i will get one for myself,but inquiring locally,i found ones which go from rs 175 to 1000,and they dont offer any warranty/replacement or service.
we use "aplab" multi meters in our college,i think they're quite decent and apparently,some one services them too.
so,for a budget of say 1.5k-1.8k or cheaper(or as cheap as possible :p will be preferred), what brand multimeter can i buy?
where do i buy them online?will it have warranty?can i get repairs?

also,are there any sites in India,like radioshack and digikey in the US,which sell electronics components like resistors,caps,ICs etc?i can buy them locally,but,theyre not of very good quality.i want quality components to use for audio modding projects etc.
please help

Sanyo is another brand for multi meter. You will get multi meter in ebay. Its available for as low as 120 bucks.
Afaik these multimeters are not repairable and they do not come with any warranty.
U will also get capacitor from ebay, but u will have to buy in 100s

surajspai said:
hello,
i dont know where this topic goes,posted here:ashamed:
so,i was looking for a nice good quality multi-meter with all the bells and whistles.i used to borrow them from friends(cheap 300rs wala) and they dont last too long.i thought i will get one for myself,but inquiring locally,i found ones which go from rs 175 to 1000,and they dont offer any warranty/replacement or service.
we use "aplab" multi meters in our college,i think they're quite decent and apparently,some one services them too.
so,for a budget of say 1.5k-1.8k or cheaper(or as cheap as possible :p will be preferred), what brand multimeter can i buy?
where do i buy them online?will it have warranty?can i get repairs?

also,are there any sites in India,like radioshack and digikey in the US,which sell electronics components like resistors,caps,ICs etc?i can buy them locally,but,theyre not of very good quality.i want quality components to use for audio modding projects etc.
please help
how do you know that the components that you get locally are of bad quality? The components that you get online, may be the same as more than likely the shopkeepers buy from there too.

For online shops in india, you can try out Welcome to NEX Robotics Pvt.Ltd. - nex-robotics or eXtreme Electronics - Everything related to microcontrollers, digital electronics and programming. Fun projects,tutorials and source code.

but have no idea about multimeters though. Is'nt it cheap to keep buying the Rs.140 multimeters rather than buying one worth Rs.1.8k of which there is no guarantee of being serviced???!!!?

well,from the pictures,they seem the same as local components,so i guess they are.thing was,i wanted to try out the mx5021 mod,and wondered where i could get good caps and "gold plated" ic sockets than getting the 2rs ones locally.

as for multimeters,i guess ill go for them local ones.

Back