ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MoBo
ATHLON XP 2400+
256X2MB 400Mhz DDR RAM
SEAGATE BARRACUDA HDD 80 GB 7200 rpm
CREATIVE AUDIGY2 soundcard
LITEON DVD Drive Model JLMS XJ-HD166S
LITEON CD-RW Model SOHR-5238S
OSs : Win98 & WinXP Multibooting.

Of late, I am unable to select the OS Win98 with the down arrow of my keyboard in the boot up screen. OS WinXP is selected by default. However, the PC does not boot into WinXP even when ENTER is pressed during the countdown of 30 to 1. The PC boots into WinXP only after the countdown is over.

Also, I am unable to open TASKMANAGER on my PC. The message NO ACTIVE NETWORK ADAPTERS FOUND is displayed when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL or when I right click on the taskbar to open TASKMANAGER.

Can someone please help ?

sounds like a keyboard issue. does it work in windows ? if its a usb keyboard try checking the bios whether you can enable detection of usb devices

about task manager it sounds like your in the networking tab, click the process or application tab to see program info

Change of my PS/2 keyboard solved the multibooting issue. But the Task Manager problem remains. Only a blank message is displayed - NO ACTIVE NETWORK ADAPTER FOUND.

can you post a screenshot ? the networking tab usually says that if theres no internet or lan connection active

That is why I asked for a screenshot. When u go to taskmanager, are there also some tabs? <Applications, Processes, Performance, Networking, Users>

Screenshot not attaching. No tabs <Applications, Processes, Performance, Networking, Users> are there, only the message. Taskmanager with these tabs is not opening at all. Taskmanager working okay in Win98 in the same machine. Problem only in WinXP.

Guys ! I solved it from the net. There's a website Douglas Thrift's Computer Website. My basic problem was Windows Task Manager had changed, it was missing the tabs and other options & I was going crazy to get it back to normal.

The solution is : Double click on it and be amazed! A double click will toggle between the normal view and the focused view.

The tabs and other options are back.

Thanks for trying to help.

Back