multicore programing

If you are talking of application programming, I am not sure if you really require any specialized training or there are many job which requires specific multicore programming. If your fundamentals about programming are clear that should be enough I guess .

I suppose there are not many jobs related to multicore programming as such, at least as of now. I checked with some popular India job-sites, and there are hardly any listed there.

What is the curriculum of the training/course? Are you a student or currently working?

Ask the institute for a list of companies/job profiles where this training will give you an edge over other applicants.

May be you dont find good jobs in multi-programming, but trust me...if you are fluent with the fundamentals...it reflects in your code.

It gives a sense of pride in writing the code. There are so many concepts like High Order Function, Currying, First Class Functions, Immutable vars...etc.

Learn some functional paradigm with some known languages like Javascript, Python etc...and than apply them at other places.

Now answer to your question, may you dont hit with a direct job offer after getting aware with multi-core but...trust me you while in your technical interview you will rock like a rockstar...you will solve things programmatically such, that even your interviewer will just keep staring you. :)

NOTE: If you are not good with basic fundamentals of any language or if you are looking for a purely job-oriented thing, than these things are not for you my reader.

Well , are you into it to begin with ? If there would be more lucrative openings for an oil rigger , would you apply to be one ?

Personally I do not like the idea of doing any specialized courses, these tie you down to a narrow set of openings. Best way i would suggest go with a generic software engineering/programming course , and take things from there.

Obviously if you want to do this with your life then nothing should stop you. You will get a better answer by searching the job site.

Good luck!

thanks all

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i'm going for it ...i have companies like nvidia and texas instruments coming for placements ....hope it will be an edge over the others

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i'm a student and the circular is multicore programming in c ++ or java. it basically involves parallel processing ..... there is also an introduction to cuda ....a parallel processor architecture by nvidia

Nvidia,Intel,AMD are mainly into multicore programming. If you are a fresher , they don't expect you to solve Riemann Hypothesis in a minute.. all they expect is strong grasp in your fundamentals. Multicore programming is nothing new, it's built upon concepts of conventional programming.

So be firm in your fundamentals, these companies will grind you in those areas during the interview.

Good luck!

The multicore programming is specialized domain and big companies will not hire many bachlors for this instead they will lean up on people who have done masters, n if you really show up command on low level languages, you might get a chance in it..

but yes, this domain is very narrow and you will require much study when you will want to go in other programming like web or application !

Back