Multilevel usage for Wireless Internet

rebolt

Disciple
I would like to know which wireless router would be able to give better coverage with MTNL 1Mbps broadband connection for multilevel usage. I have attached an image plan of my house in which my workstation is on Second floor and it is connected with a ADSL modem, but now i want to access internet on First floor too with mobility, so that i can browse, surf or download videos through my ultrabook in any room. Can you guys suggest which wireless router should i go for ? Or any other options.

Thanks

Attachments

• plan.jpg
    plan.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Try to run a wire from the adsl router to the floor needed. incase wifi is needed, attach access point. Job done, don't invest in repeaters or power line, this is best according to my experience.

Try to run a wire from the adsl router to the floor needed. incase wifi is needed, attach access point. Job done, don't invest in repeaters or power line, this is best according to my experience.

Hi atul, yes wifi is needed because i need mobility. So you mean that i just buy a wireless router or access point ? I guess these days you don't need to buy access point because moreover router has all the features of it. Correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited:
Hi atul, yes wifi is needed because i need mobility. So you mean that i just buy a wireless router or access point ? I guess these days you don't need to buy access point because moreover router has all the features of it. Correct me if i am wrong.
No all but mostly should have all the features. Just double check before buying that it can be used as an access point.

ok gotcha, can you also suggest which model and brand i should go for ? I was just checking different routers and came across Belkin N300 ADSL2 Wireless Router with modem on flipkart @ 2980/-. Any idea about the product ?

Last edited:
ok gotcha, can you also suggest which model and brand i should go for ? I was just checking different routers and came across Belkin N300 ADSL2 Wireless Router with modem on flipkart @ 2980/-. Any idea about the product ?

Was having the same model for more than a year & it worked fine, I have a G+1 house & the router was on the first floor, and it worked fine even in the bathroom downstairs, switched to private ISP later coz got a better speed compared to the pricing.

Was having the same model for more than a year & it worked fine, I have a G+1 house & the router was on the first floor, and it worked fine even in the bathroom downstairs, switched to private ISP later coz got a better speed compared to the pricing.

In my area there's only MTNL available, so can't switch to any other private ISP :(, also as it already has a built-in modem so i think i will unwire my current MTNL modem and instead connect this one with phone line.

Then you just need a adsl wifi. Just buy one with external antennas, they do help. Wifi doesn't usually work through concrete walls, so select the place to install accordingly.

In my area there's only MTNL available, so can't switch to any other private ISP :(, also as it already has a built-in modem so i think i will unwire my current MTNL modem and instead connect this one with phone line.

Yes, it takes less than 3 mins to setup, just plug in & after installing the sw, follow the onscreen instructions & enter your user & pass.

Yes, it takes less than 3 mins to setup, just plug in & after installing the sw, follow the onscreen instructions & enter your user & pass.
one of my friend told me that if i face any speed issues, i could install a booster on first floor and it will work. If i am using the same connection on ultrabook do i need to change any other settings as well ?

Back