CPU/Mobo Multiple problems-Need assistance

woozydevotee

Disciple
hi guys,from the past couple of days i have been experience a hell lot of problems related to my system, i have an amd 3500+ on a foxconn nf4xk8mc mobo,512 Ram,a nvidia 6200 card,an 80gb seagte hdd,to begin with-

1.when i try to switch on the system,it will power on and then it will quickly shut down in a few seconds,i have to keep pressing the power button until it finally comes on (like starting a 20yr old car)

2.now coming to the second problem,the time and date are never saved in the bios i have to keep changing it every time i start the comp
3.finally when the OS starts to load it will directly go into the checkdisk mode with the bluescreen,i have tried formatting the drive and reinstalling windows on different drives but it still goes into the checkdisk mode

4.the third problem is that there is krrrrr krrrrrr noise constantly coming out of the system, i thought it was the hdd and i took it to seagate and got a replacement but after installing it i was getting the same damn noise again so the problem doesn't seems to be with the hdd because later i found out that there was a strange variation in the noise whenever i tried adjusting the wires that come form the psu
5.sometimes i get a "Disk read error" message when i turn the computer on
6.sometimes i get a message that says "NLTDR" is missing on the boot screen
7.the system abruptly shuts down while i am working,and then its all back to step one again
now is it a problem with the Mobo or the PSU or the HDD?:( ,sorry for such a long post but i am so frustrated that today i was about to go buy a new system and get rid of this one, i just thought that it would be wise to ask for help here before i buy a new system, Please give me some advice

i have just read in one of the sites that there is a grinding noise which comes from the PSU a few days before its gonna go dead, thats what is happening in my case,so i am gonna replace the PSU, you have any suggestions? for a good psu? i dont want anything too expensive

you know sri the hdd replacement was prettyintereseting, i went to the service centre in andheri east with my hdd, i was asked absolutely no questions about the hdd and i wasnt even asked for the bill!!! can u believe that, they guy just scanned the barcode on the hdd and said that u will get a replacement within 4 days and i actually got a replacement in 4 days,no delays whatsoever, it was one of those damn surprising WTF moments cuz they didnt even ask me what the heck is wrong with ur hdd

and yes i am gonna change the battery too

Though a bit late, I encountered similar problems with the hard disk emitting noise and random read errors. I also got the HDD replaced but the culprit was the PSU.
By experience, I can now safely assume that in cases like these, the PSU could be the faulty component.

you know i went through so many sites and they all said that when your pc starts acting erratically with multiple problems then it can be hard to trace back the problem to the PSU,but the also mentioned one of the signs of a dying pc which was some sort of a grinding noise coming form the system, and we think the hdd is gonna go dead

Back