Budget 90k+ MultiSeat Windows Setup

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
hey everybody [emoji4]

I wanted to know what if i would like to setup a MultiSeat setup cost !

It would be for 5 - 6 users.

Windows 10 or 7 is what i would expect it to run. It will be 64bit version.

It should run normal office software plus android studio also for each user.

So, what will be the setup ?

currently i have following stuff :

Amd phenom x6 1055t
gigabyte 880gm-usb3
8gb ddr3 ripjaws
750gb wd blue
asus d2c 760gtx

I would like to know what setup will be required if i want to get the whole config new from market.

that will be :

Server + 5 monitors + 5 keyboard & mouse+ what ever hardware for multiseat.

Monitor of around 19" to 22" good quality but low budget one.

This thread was created with an query bugging my mind so sorry i didn't followed the template for asking help for buying on TE.

Thank you and have a nice time ahead [emoji4]

For software, look at ThinSoft BeTwin or SoftXpand Duo Pro. I would have gone with the later.
What you get is a single sign-on kind of thing---- Single hardware(server/cpu/gpu/hdd/ram/rom etc.) with multi user login @ diff. terminals. You will only require monitors, keyboards & mouse for the amount of users you intend to add.

For software, look at ThinSoft BeTwin or SoftXpand Duo Pro. I would have gone with the later.
What you get is a single sign-on kind of thing---- Single hardware(server/cpu/gpu/hdd/ram/rom etc.) with multi user login @ diff. terminals. You will only require monitors, keyboards & mouse for the amount of users you intend to add.
thanks for the software info [emoji4]

But what kind of hardware or i should say configuration will be sufficient for 5 - 6 people to run android studio on each terminal successfully without lag !

I would also have use this system as a rendering machine when there are is only single user.

After effects is what i would work on.

Is my current rig sufficient or a new setup would be required ?

Per gpu has either 2 or 3 video outputs--hdmi, vga, hdmi etc.
So this factor is very important while deciding on no. of users you will be deploying.

For keyboard and mouse the more the usb ports the better. You can try with extensions as well.

760gt supports 4 monitos. And i have one on my onboard ! Can i use that too ?

What about processor and ram ?

On board cannot be used.
Processor wont be an issue if you have a tri/quad amd as well.
Make sure you got 8gb ram as roughly per user gets min. 780mb or so assigned---tested under win 7.

4 monitor support means 1 dedicated to the main system/server and 3 optional for expansion users.
For other users you have to add more gpus but not necessary to SLi them.
They can be very basic to any advanced gpus.

You can also connect ps2 kb/mouse.

And all the above is for SoftXpand Duo Pro.

ThinSoft BeTwin is way too choosy in terms of devices. It doesnt support nvidias esp. 8800gt and after. Best compatibility is 8600gt.
Doesnt support ps2. Configuration is tough, complex and buggy as well even though everything is compatible.

SoftXpand will cost you around 2.6k INR for 2-4 user license. Thats the quote I got 3 months back.

2.6 k is good when we are dealimg with such stuff [emoji28]

And i think android studio will easily consume min 2 gb of ram for sure... so i think increasing the no. Amount of ram is what would be much better option.

By the way what kind of work your system was into which you build / planned to build !

I wanted to share my system with my bro who works on 3D and graphics swares.
We didnt wanted to buy a separate pc altogether for diff. purpose coz mainly due to budget issue and then space constraints.

Shortly he got placed in a good co. where he was given a laptop thus problem solved and we never again had to think about such setup.

But still i would like to have such setup in nr. future.
Its very useful for multi gaming experiences.

Back