Mumbai guys.. need a help!

Shark

Disciple
Hi guys,

Im visiting Mumbai to attend an interview at SPJIMR, Andheri West. I'm planning to take a flight to Mumbai Domestic terminal & then take a taxi from there..

Are taxis good in Mumbai or shd I use some other transport? Can I survive with my little hindi.. and any good place to have lunch near SPJIMR..?

Any tips or advise?

thanks!

Public transport is not a problem here m8.

You can take prepaid taxi or simply come out of airport and there will be plenty of taxies available outside.

All u need to communicate with them is destination. That will do the job. Pay by tariff card only ( by meter as per the rates ).

nukeu666 said:
you can use the prepaid taxis available from the airport and another auto back

Funky said:
Public transport is not a problem here m8.
You can take prepaid taxi or simply come out of airport and there will be plenty of taxies available outside.
All u need to communicate with them is destination. That will do the job. Pay by tariff card only ( by meter as per the rates ).

Funky said:
NP.
ALso here are the rate cards.
You can carry a printout of this if you want. (Not really needed as almost all Taxi and Rick drivers are suppose to carry this with them and you can ask for it. but better to have 1 with you as well. )

Taxi : http://www.trafficpolicemumbai.org/Taxi Tariff Card.jpg

Auto Rickshaw : http://www.trafficpolicemumbai.org/Auto Rickshaw Tariff Card.JPG
A/C Taxi : http://www.trafficpolicemumbai.org/Air conditioned cab Tariff Card.jpg

Thanks again mate! :)

SPJIMR = SP Jain Institute of Management??? :ashamed:

If the same- there are lotsa eateries adjoining the main gate to the campus. :)
All the students/hostelites lurk there whole day.
You may call it their unofficial canteen/mess. :p

Not a bad idea getting acquainted with the food beforehand. :lol:

Shark said:
Hi guys,

Im visiting Mumbai to attend an interview at SPJIMR, Andheri West. I'm planning to take a flight to Mumbai Domestic terminal & then take a taxi from there..

Are taxis good in Mumbai or shd I use some other transport? Can I survive with my little hindi.. and any good place to have lunch near SPJIMR..?

Any tips or advise?

thanks!

you can take a rickshaw also to SPJIMR from the airport. just ask for bhavans college , andheri west . sp jain is in the same campus.

lot of eating places outside the gate of the college , a few hotels and some small eating joints . ask for guptaji's vada pav. one of the best ;)

good luck with spjimr :)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
SPJIMR = SP Jain Institute of Management??? :ashamed:

If the same- there are lotsa eateries adjoining the main gate to the campus. :)
All the students/hostelites lurk there whole day.
You may call it their unofficial canteen/mess. :p

Not a bad idea getting acquainted with the food beforehand. :lol:

Yup, Its the SP Jain.. :)

puns said:
you can take a rickshaw also to SPJIMR from the airport. just ask for bhavans college , andheri west . sp jain is in the same campus.

lot of eating places outside the gate of the college , a few hotels and some small eating joints . ask for guptaji's vada pav. one of the best ;)

good luck with spjimr :)

Cool.. I'll check out the Guptaji shop..

TechHead said:
Best of luck d00d!
Good insti!

Thanks! :)

I see you got the necessary tips.
But heres a logical one which I guess you would have figured by the implications above:p

Generally the taxis are excellent here and reliable. However, when you get out of the airport, theres a section where the cop notes the taxi number and the traveller name as well as the destination. If you catch a cab from there, I am sure you will not get duped (A very very rare occasion). If not by a Prepaid cab, please ensure the meter reading is reset before you start and pay by the meter card as said above.

All the best for your interview and yea, those eateries are a good suggestion:eek:hyeah:

XTerminator said:
I see you got the necessary tips.
But heres a logical one which I guess you would have figured by the implications above:p

Generally the taxis are excellent here and reliable. However, when you get out of the airport, theres a section where the cop notes the taxi number and the traveller name as well as the destination. If you catch a cab from there, I am sure you will not get duped (A very very rare occasion). If not by a Prepaid cab, please ensure the meter reading is reset before you start and pay by the meter card as said above.

All the best for your interview and yea, those eateries are a good suggestion:eek:hyeah:

Thanks again! :)

Airport to Andheri - Take the auto if you don't want to be cussed by the Taxi guys, its practically next door, and the Taxi guys tend to get a wee bit upset over short rides from the airport.

TheIndian said:
Airport to Andheri - Take the auto if you don't want to be cussed by the Taxi guys, its practically next door, and the Taxi guys tend to get a wee bit upset over short rides from the airport.

Really? I heard that the SPJIMR campus is a good 7 kms away from domestic airport? :huh:

Back