Mumbai Guys , r u enjoying the Rains

Hi Guys

As you all know that rains have started since last saturday and from that
time we have hardly got a chance to see the sun.

So u guys doing something special to enjoy the rains.

Me enjoying staying indoors , the view from my house is nice a lot of buildings
in front and behind the buildings the huge stretch of mountains.

Currently wud like to stay at home & study rather getting wet.

rains not only in mumbai, in other places too... ;)
its so cool nowadays, thanks to the rains, that i have become lazy enuf to sleep/nap in sofa itself!! and tat too at any time... :D

Not so lucky here. Getting drenched every day while going for work during my internship in Mumbai.

I NEAD AN UMBRELLLAAAAA!!!!!!!
P.S> Just got a heavy downpour on me while running out of the bus into my office and i am still shaking as i am writing (Wet and in A/C :S).

But had a good trip to khandala few days back and enjoyed a lot in rains.. :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

rains are the saviours of sweet economy of our country.

i always love the rains, would like to go out get drenched, enjoy hot snacks and pass free time.

but alas those free days are gone. work these days takes away that kinda fun.

i miss good old college days when we used to walk a lot of kilometers while returning from a movie if it started raining and enjoy the time with frineds.

hoep the rain gods smile always on our country.

Quad Master said:
The OCers in Mumbai will be able to keep there PC cool wit hthe temp falling now ;)
Rains and the consequent rise in humidity and moisture is one of the worst enemy of electronic parts. especially during the initial booting phase.

Every monsoon season I get depressed for a REASON.

The weather makes the front page of all newspapers(and I do not mean the small wather column that comes every single day). What the IMD says makes headlines. Ministers tell the farmers not to worry as the rains are just around the corner. They give advice as to when to plant the seeds and all that.....

What depresses me is that we inspite of gloating over the IT industry and BPOs and the booming economy still do not have a proper system of irrigation. Most of the country depends on tthe rains for farming. Isn't that SAD???? When will we reach a stage where it does not matter how much it rains and when it rains??? When the farmers will not need to commit suicide to get rid of the burdens of life, When all farmers can sleep peacefully secure in the knowledge that even if it does not rain they will get enough water for their fields???

And all this in spite of all the achievements made by India. We consider ourselves as a developing country.... but what use is all this development if the kitchens(meaning the agri industry) is unhappy?? what if the kitchens close down for a year due to drought???

Last year you will remember ---- We had famine in many parts of the country due to which crops were lost. In other parts of the country we had floods and again resulted in loss of crops. What an irony!!!

IT is this that depresses me..... the sad plight of the farmers who place their whole lives and livelihoods on the fickle thing call weather. Many of us libing in the cuty do not even bother thinking abt them and their plight.

Nikhil posted 0.97 minutes later:

Well.... readin my post again..... Looks very depressing ---- Anyway, cheer up.... looks like this year the rains will not fail..... s

Yup, It rained in Delhi yesterday and even today, but no sign of rain in Gurgaon for the last 1 month :(.

Need Rains here ASAP.

Regards,
DC.

ugh...came home drenched :( this is happening to me every day...everythime in the afternoon, i come home all wet :cry:

I hate rains, they cut power when it pours heavily and I cant dload *stuff*
anyways, I was just joking, blore recd heavy rains a few weeks ago, a lot of poles, trees, monkeys fell..right now its kinda ok. But a few days ago there were strong winds that brought down a huge coconut tree near a school and two school girls were crushed to death and a few ore were injured...

Well it rained here in Hyderabad too and the temp has dropped quite considerably.but 1 thing good over here is that the roads dnt get flooded as it gets in the other cities.....the situation is quite good :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

hmmm..... Just found this old thread while browsing.....

Mumbai is not "enjoying the rains" so much now I guess.......

What we really enjoy when it is within limits and then when it goes haywire, we hate it.....

Mumbai has been hit by Earth, Water and Fire. Only thing missing is a tornado or something I guess....(I hope this does not happen).

Earth ---- The landslides in which many people have been buried alive.
Water --- The rain obviously
Fire ---- The fire at Bombay High North killing 14% of India's crude oil output.....

Only thing missing is a tornado or something I guess....(I hope this does not happen).

U forget a tsunami :p:p(GOD forbid tht may never happen)

BTW the the rains have stopped somewhat in Hyderabad......though still the weather is cloudy and pleasent :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Back