Mushkin Enhanced + Asus M4A89GTD Pro - OCd with tight timings - Newb attempt

krashnburn

Disciple
Just thought I'd share this the members here.

RAM : Mushkin Blackline Enhanced 996782 (Stock timings - 7-9-7-24 @1600 Mhz)

Mobo: Asus M4A89GTD Pro

Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE

I am a complete newbie to OCing. With my limited knowledge and some valuable suggestions, I managed to OC this setup for a contest (Max CPU OC limit @3.6 Ghz).

Loved the way the RAM timings brought down my SPI timing with every tweak. RAM easily OCed to 1800 Mhz but noticed that at 1600 Mhz with tighter timings, I was getting better runs on SPI. Please share any thoughts you feel would let me push this setup even further or any other comments.

First run @1800 Mhz - Stock timing 7-9-7-24

Some issue with the image formatting (guess images are too big). So please try right clicking on the pic and selecting "View image" in FireFox browsers to see clear image and readable text.

firstrun402628.jpg

Sixth run @1600 Mhz - Check timings on SS

6thrun348509.jpg

Last run @1600 Mhz - CL6 !!!

9thrun347885.jpg

Can't read anything brah.

When saving a screenshot,if it contains a lot of text save it in bmp or something.jpg is very bad at text.

Its not his fault, its TE's image formatting. Open the image directly through its URL and you will see everything.

In Opera, right click on the image and click "Open Image".

LOL 3.6 ghz is nothing any way really gud board and rams (esp :) congo ) ? u tried unlocking the proccy ? bro evn automatic oc will take u to 3.72 ghz :)( but diff timming :) )

Lovely. I am amazed that the 996782 kit does CL 6 so easily, that too on AMD. And from the looks of it you might be able to get a lot more out of them. A real sleeper kit to be honest. :)

RD274 said:
Its not his fault, its TE's image formatting. Open the image directly through its URL and you will see everything.

In Opera, right click on the image and click "Open Image".

Yeah I am not quite familiar with posting pics here this forum. Thanks for pointing out a way around :)
kannancv2 said:
LOL 3.6 ghz is nothing any way really gud board and rams (esp :) congo ) ? u tried unlocking the proccy ? bro evn automatic oc will take u to 3.72 ghz :)( but diff timming :) )

Thank you !! :)

I posted the shots specifically for the RAM timings as mentioned in the thread title. As for the processor OC, the contest had an OC cap to level out performance differences. I will try OCing it higher in some time.

I have also tried unlocking but sadly only 1 more core unlocks. 1 core seems defective. At the moment I am running on 3 cores at 3.6Ghz/stock voltage stable Prime 95 - 12 hours.

Good OCing mate..:)

Cheers.. Also all

RC on Firefox and click VIEW IMAGE

You will see the picture not junk images..

:p

@ OTP

Next time bro resize the pictures or crop them. Full HD is not meant for forums :p

Back