Musk strikes a deal for twitter

Question is where did he get the cash from, most of the billionaire's wealth is locked in shares and equity.
Also 44 billion feels excessive, that's literally 3,30,300 crore for a shitty website filled with people's opinions.
I get that one could be paying for the established user base but the site is filled with bots and fake accounts and one could probably build a better website for less than 1/20th of the cost of what is being offered.

Question is where did he get the cash from
Probably like every other billionaire, loan with his equity as collateral.

Also 44 billion feels excessive, that's literally 3,30,300 crore for a shitty website filled with people's opinions.
Idk about the numbers but twitter has very high user engagement. Many government handles use it for announcements, companies using it as customer support so won't call it a shitty website (yet?).

Most of the top end billionaire invest in some sort of media or news publication. Jeff Bezos owns Washington Post. It helps them to show themselves in a positive narrative.

Elon Musk has a history of sueing free news media so he really can't be called as the champion of the free speech.

I think he'll reinstate the twitter account of Trump.

Why is he doing this..?
Maybe next might be Instagram and then Facebook not wholly owning but partially maybe.

He made his mark in space exploration or space tourism now he turns to technology maybe next will even be Retail sector. Who knows God only should know.

It appears Twitter might soon become private and own by Musk

What are your views?
Twitter already was private. They don't have to uphold first amendment rights. You don't have a right to be on their platform.

This is a change of ownership. Will twitter go back to what it was before 2016 ? no

They're still going to regulate what people say especially on the right because their a liberal stronghold.

Twitter already was private. They don't have to uphold first amendment rights. You don't have a right to be on their platform.

This is a change of ownership. Will twitter go back to what it was before 2016 ? no

They're still going to regulate what people say especially on the right because their a liberal stronghold.
Liberal means good right. More rights to the participants right. Then this acquisition is good right.

People believing Elon Musk will make Twitter "better" are fools. He may be rich and behind some very popular companies like Tesla, PP, Space-X etc but the guy is a moron. For instance have you guys come across the shit he tweeted during the heights of covid lock down? His sheep praised his Space-X ventures but know the kind of offers he made to the US govt? Delivery of missiles and rockets quickly. Praising him would be praising his activities against humanity.
Twitter board might want the money but if Musk really ends up owning majority shares of the company you may as well not mention his name or go against his personal opinions or beliefs.
Too many sheep on the internet.

Majority of people nowadays have short attention span due to hand-to-mouth livelihood, does not care much about news than vending off few minutes of hate on the given day.
(Why to care about topics on which you don't have any control at all ? All the while one can easily decide whom to quick hate today, be satisfied about own activism by merely swiping fingers on smartphone and feel superior without thought and effort).
News sometimes appears on twitter much earlier than major media channels and even in original raw form.
So, he is trying to own such a space.

This concern didn't exist earlier at all ? :

Suddenly, EU remembers they have rules !

Wondering from where all the random trash shit Amazon generally sell is coming from after reading this?

Elon Musk indeed may have issues, but those higher ups acting like they suddenly lost their marbles are outing something suspicious...

Last edited:
Liberal means good right. More rights to the participants right. Then this acquisition is good right.
Depends who you ask ;)

Liberals aren't into just banning hate speech they want to ban everything they hate.

Does this change with Musk in charge ? I don't know but the present leadership there went too far.

Liberals aren't into just banning hate speech they want to ban everything they hate.
That's applicable for every group. They want to get the other banned. But the problem is Elon Musk is a general moron as a person. Not sure any social media company will exist with someone like him owning it.

I like the sound of this. Especially on the topic concerned and who is raising the issue :)

Can he rollback the regressive practices of twitter since 2016 ?

Proof of the pudding is in the eating. Who gets hired and who gets fired.

Will Trump get his account back or still remain suspended ? then what difference does Musk make.

Changes to its policies, features, and algorithms, big and small, can have disproportionate and sometimes devastating impacts, including offline violence," Deborah Brown, a digital rights researcher and advocate at Human Rights Watch, told Reuters in an email.

"Freedom of expression is not an absolute right, which is why Twitter needs to invest in efforts to keep its most vulnerable users safe on the platform," she added.
This is very common to hear in Indian discussions on the subject of freedom of speech. It's a false argument btw.

And what i find depressing is twitter seems to have morphed into the more restricted form of speech we have in India as opposed to the much wider scope that is allowed in the US.
That's applicable for every group. They want to get the other banned.
Liberals are in charge of the tech sector which in the present era has a disproportionate power in shaping perceptions on just about anything.

They don't like what you say it does not appear. It's no different to the CCP.

At what point does liberal becom illiberal ?

But the problem is Elon Musk is a general moron as a person. Not sure any social media company will exist with someone like him owning it.
I've not paid much attention to him. He's behind Tesla that everyone adores. He's a techie. What is the problem then ?
Musk has a presence in the Chinese market. This makes him susceptible to what the CCP says on a platform that in the first place isn't even allowed in China ?

How is that possible. Not agreeing with Bezos on this one.

Last edited:
Depends who you ask ;)

Does this change with Musk in charge ? I don't know but the present leadership there went too far.
I thought liberal means who gives more freedom to speech or thought etc.
That's why I said Twitter will become more open thought minded but you are saying quite the opposite.
Banning hate speeches is one but banning everything is another entire thing.

Top comment

Hopefully GOI is paying attention to the concerns raised by Mr Bhattacharya. "Technological Sovreignity" is going to be my buzzword for the coming weeks! India needs to tell its own stories through its own social media platforms. GOI can make this happen by shifting all its social media handles to Koo, since 98% of India is not on Twitter. Any foreign media wants to find out anything from Modi or GOI ministries they would need to hook up to Koo. If Indians do not support Indian social media platforms or businesses, nobody else will. As Mr Bhattacharya said democracies like India are extremely vulnerable to narrative wars, which can divide the country and foment trouble. Since India's enemies, Western agencies etc are supremely effecient in weaponising narrative, GOI needs to nip the problem at the bud. The entire Russia - Ukraine war has become a cynical narrative exercise by the morally vacuous and utterly hypocritical West, supposedly the foremost defenders of free speech, who have totally blocked all Russian sources of information, in order to win the narrative war against Putin and Russia.

Is it just me or has anyone else ever wondered why Elon Musk is NEVER referred as a South African American /South African Canadian by the Western broadcasters, but Parag Agarwal or Sundar Pichai or Satya Nadela is ALWAYS referred to as Indian American?

Last edited:
whether you like Elon or not, his plan to acquire twitter was quite genius.

but his goal seems impossible. free speech is different from country to country, so I don't see how twitter will enforce free speech in countries without free speech, where they are forced to remove anything the government sees as "dangerous".

even if he fails, it will be worth watching. meanwhile, meltdown who hate free speech is amazing to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back