Monitors [Must Have] PC Utilities for OverClocking,Monitoring,Stress Testing,etc...

VaRz

Adept
Monitoring Programs:
1. Cpu-z (Gives almost all info about ur pc except temps.)

2. Gpu-z (Gives all info about ur GFX Card)

3. Everest Ultimate (AIO Pc Monitor)

4. Sisoft Sandra [PAID] (It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software.)

5. Core Temp ( Gives info about CPU)

6. SpeedFan
Encoding Programs: (to measure real life performance increase)
1. Virtual Dub
2. Photoshop
3. MP3 Encoder
Common tools used by overclockers to test graphics cards' stability:
1. FurMark .

2. ATI Tray Tools (don't get fooled by the name, they can be used with NVIDIA cards).

3. Rivatuner (GPU OC Software...for Nvidia as far as i know)

4. Aquamark

5. RthDribl

6. FRAPS (Shows ingame FPS)
Memory Testing:
1. Memtest86

2. Super Pi (Super PI is a computer program that calculates pi to a specified number of digits after the decimal point - up to a maximum of 32 million. It uses Gauss-Legendre algorithm and is a Windows port of the program used by Yasumasa Kanada in 1995 to compute Pi to 232 digits.)

3. Windows Memory Diagnostic
Stress-Test Tools: (To Test Stability of PC after overclocking)
1. OCCT (The name says it all)

2. Orthos

3. Intel Burn Test

4. Prime95

Other Benchmarking tools can be found here.

I dont know how many guys are using RivaTuner here, but since the onset of the new Nvidia WDDM 1.1 drivers (Win7), RivaTuner has been unable to overclock cards running on these new drivers.

However there is 10 second tweak which fixes this issue, Nvidia win7 beta driver OC tweak

Hello.

There are many programs out there to help one overclock. They range in capability from novice level programs to those for experienced users, and their functions range from to the actual overclocking, itself (for novices and weekend overclockers), to testing the stability of the system after overclocking and monitoring your system.

These programs are different from benchmarks, which should also be used to quantify your system's performance gain. For those new to overclocking, I have compiled a list of the most popular and most important applications to assist you in your midnight ventures into your system's BIOS. I have also included a list of programs that many manufacturers include with their motherboards to inform buyers of the options that are available to them.

Stability Testing

These programs test the stability and reliability of your system components to make sure they can handle overclocking. The tests can alert to possible component failure, overstressed or overheating components and most importantly, assure you that your newly overclocked system can handle day-to-day operation. Usually, these programs should be run for at least six hours to get the best information about how your system will operate when overclocked.

I know what made him change his avatar :gap:

just a statement was enough :rofl:

"the kids' doodle must have swollen beyond recognition, thanks to the cactii, its time you change it and let the kid rest"

:gap:

Back