Must see - FarCry 2 pre-alpha ingame footage!

Arun.P

Warning: Do Not Trade
Skilled
Jul 24, 2007
^^^ u need 45 mm for play new games at future prof :p

@partim are update that system :bleh:

or use psp

Sesar

Disciple
Jan 24, 2006
looks more like stalker 2. While the engine is more like next gen version of farcry and not exactly like crysis. Crysis engine is way more superior, wish it also includes "bouncing rpgs's " :p

Sesar

Disciple
Jan 24, 2006
SoulFire said:
definitely better than crysis is my say , 2nd video is a beauty

:s the tree leaves are mere polygon planes and dnt have true physics, same goes fr buildings, vehicles, ropes, propane tanks and everything else. The grass is same as oblivion and vegetation density is no way near it. Although i really like the idea of there "save-game" system, looks more like a way to hide limitation of engine to save anywhere (not criticizing but applauding there creativity). Geometric detail also looks far less and texture resolution is same as current titles. Strom and day-night cycles will be on crysis too and it has true DoF instead of just simple blur to fake it.

Gameplay wise the only thing that it seems it will have over crysis is bouncing rpgs :p

deathvirus_me

Skilled
May 27, 2006
Kolkata, India
Its looks good .. atleast there is a sense on "wind" ... unlike normal swaying of leaves (or anything else) irrespective of wind direction .. current games offer movements in terms of shm :p ...

arnold

Disciple
Jan 7, 2006
Sesar said:
:s the tree leaves are mere polygon planes and dnt have true physics, same goes fr buildings, vehicles, ropes, propane tanks and everything else.

i dont wanna say dat FAR CRY 2 physics r better dan CRYSIS...but atleast they are more realistics ..atleast u cannot comletely shoot down a tree wid a shotgun or blow up a military armoured vehicle by shooting at its fuel tank :bleh:

The grass is same as oblivion and vegetation density is no way near it. Although i really like the idea of there "save-game" system, looks more like a way to hide limitation of engine to save anywhere (not criticizing but applauding there creativity). Geometric detail also looks far less and texture resolution is same as current titles. Strom and day-night cycles will be on crysis too and it has true DoF instead of just simple blur to fake it.

Gameplay wise the only thing that it seems it will have over crysis is bouncing rpgs :p
as far as d density of vegetation goes ..come on its d african savana.:cool2:

u cannot show a savana wid vegetation density of a rain forest:rofl:

as far as d texture resolution goes ..its too early to judge ..specially from dis low res cam video.

Sesar

Disciple
Jan 24, 2006
arnold said:
i dont wanna say dat FAR CRY 2 physics r better dan CRYSIS...but atleast they are more realistics ..atleast u cannot comletely shoot down a tree wid a shotgun or blow up a military armoured vehicle by shooting at its fuel tank :bleh:
I was just saying that crysis has better tech, not who implemented it well. I clearly said the "save game" system seemed very nice even though it came out of a engine limitation and the bouncable rpg's :eek:hyeah: