MW2 multiplayer

sreenisatish

Disciple
Any PC Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer gamers here?

Do post your class setup, k/d ratios, maybe even steam IDs :)
Also, do post your strategies, killstreak reward setup or pretty much anything MW2 multiplayer related.

My k/d ratio: 1.2
Killstreaks: Predator, Precision Airstrike, Harrier

Class setups:
1. Silent Assasin (favorite)
UMP45 silenced/Spas 12 grip
Marathon pro/Hardline pro/Ninja pro
Tactical Insertion
Last stand

2. M4A1 Rulez
M4A1 holographic/RPGX2
Sleight of Hand pro/Stopping power pro/Steady Aim pro
Tactical Insertion
Last Stand

3. TubeThumper (yep, I sometimes tube when the pings are bad :):) )
ACR with Grenade Launcher/Thumper X2
Scavenger pro/Danger Close pro
Tactical Insertion (yep, I just love TIs!)
Last Stand

I also snipe once in a while - but not really good at it.

Steam ID: TroubleMaker

I bought BF BC2 a while back and finished the Single player campaign and my eyes hurt so much because of the dust and haze effects. So, I was a little apprehensive of going multiplayer. Is it the same way in MP? I dont wanna burn my eyes again :(

Both BF:BC2 and MW2 are about the Multi-player experience. Do not judge them without playing their respective multiplayers. Those eyes hurting graphics are present in some maps of BC2 but AFAIK, they released a patch to solve this problem a while ago.

be prepared to wear sunglasses when playing any desert map in bc2 (which is like half the maps). the eye murdering bloom is probably the worse i've ever seen in a game.

spindoctor said:
be prepared to wear sunglasses when playing any desert map in bc2 (which is like half the maps). the eye murdering bloom is probably the worse i've ever seen in a game.
But you do admit that the game is pure awesomeness?

spindoctor said:
Sp1n's opinions have gone so Anti-BFBC2 lately !!

Sp1n Man WHAT HAPPENED !! ??

baccilus said:
But you do admit that the game is pure awesomeness?

nope.

tf2 is pure awesomeness. bc2 is a fun game with lots of flaws. i very much doubt bc2 will survive 2010, let alone begin to compare to the legendary multiplayer shooters of our times.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

! 0 t A said:
Sp1n's opinions have gone so Anti-BFBC2 lately !!

Sp1n Man WHAT HAPPENED !! ??
are you saying that i'm wrong about the bloom? i can barely see in atacama desert when the map comes up. before they patched it, getting into a russian tank was like staring a blank white screen.

are you saying that i'm wrong about the bloom? i can barely see in atacama desert when the map comes up. before they patched it, getting into a russian tank was like staring a blank white screen.

umm you surely mean russian chopper not russian tank.and anyway no point in talking about a bug/bad feature thats already been fixed.it was a flaw in a single map and since its already fixed why raise it up now ?

about the bloom - its there yeah - but certainly i dont need any sunglasses and its not eye murdering.i play as much as 5 hours on a stretch sometimes without any problem.so thats a bit exaggerated.

well i've never seen a game with worse bloom. if you have, let me know which one it was, because until then this game will continue to have the worst implementation of bloom ever in a game. even turning off the bloom in the ini file doesn't fix it (in fact, i'd say it makes it worse by removing the brown tinged post processing filter that curbs it somewhat. without it, it's like looking straight into the sun).

i hate atacama, arica and panama because of this. and even the snow maps (valdez, white pass) are troublesome at times. that constitutes half the game.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

saumilsingh said:
sp1n has seen the light; TF2 is the greatest multiplayer shooter right now.
All the others are heathen hatless pretenders :D.
seen the light? wtf tf2 has been the best shooter since 2007 and i've always said that. none of these pretenders have even come close to how good it is. also, come online on steam.

To be fair, since this game aims to be realistic, that's how it is in reality. Desert warfare is quite challenging as glare, mirages and haze are a very real problem.

And until games and hardware get developed enough to be able to render true real life HDR, we'll just have to live with it.

Alright, so the bloom is still there, eh? :(
I dont think I'll be playing it any time soon then. I had to stop gaming for about two weeks after I was done playing single player campaign for giving rest to my eyes.

The settings from ini file should work. I do not face the bloom issue in the desert maps any more. Try decreasing the brightness of the monitor or from within the game, both should help.

spindoctor said:
seen the light? wtf tf2 has been the best shooter since 2007 and i've always said that. none of these pretenders have even come close to how good it is. also, come online on steam.
AMEN TO THAT !

PS : This thread just got owned :D

Back