Audio MX 5021 Kaput in one day

Metalspree

Skilled
hi folks ma MX 5021 went kaput in one day got it from delta and was overwhelmed with the price he gave them me ,came home and was earged to listen to music in them but ma fate f**ked ma happniess as soon as i connect them couldn here any vocals, i was pissed of to the core immediately mailed delta regarding this got iimedaite respone from Kamal,he requested me to drop them at Raashi,couldn go to Raashi coz ma schedule ,finally met saiyan at the TE meet and requested him to test ma speakers ,he told me that they are sc**ed and he called Delta and finally dropped them at Raashi today and they have promised to replace them tomo ,wish i could the correct ones.
PS:saiyan post ur story at Raashi

Even I picked up the MX a few days before you from Delta. I guess there's been a bit of cost-cutting since I find the vocals a bit recessed too (especially at the low volumes at which I listen). The big question is, how are you planning to explain to Raashi what it should sound like? Those people will probably say its fine as long as its making noise :S

kranthi4545 said:
PS:saiyan post ur story with Raashi

What happens between Saiyan and Miss Raashi is his business, lets not pry into Saiyan's personal life :rofl:

Crazy_Eddy said:
Even I picked up the MX a few days before you from Delta. I guess there's been a bit of cost-cutting since I find the vocals a bit recessed too (especially at the low volumes at which I listen). The big question is, how are you planning to explain to Raashi what it should sound like? Those people will probably say its fine as long as its making noise :S
What happens between Saiyan and Miss Raashi is his business, lets not pry into Saiyan's personal life :rofl:

lol :rofl:

1. MX take time to open up, the satellites are very shy when new.

2. A fully-broken in set of MX still has recessed vocals when listened to in midfield or farfield. The best description I can think of is 'polite'.

To get the best out of the MX you should be listening to them nearfield (speakers about 3-4 feet from head) with the sub in roughly the same vertical plane (or the bass suffers from group delay) or at most a few inches behind the plane of the satellites. MX by design are nearfield speakers and after about six feet, begin to lose midrange definition at lower levels.

My modded MXs did improve on this, and if I may say so, quite significantly at that. The sound signature is quite different from the stock MX, with minimal changes.

However most speakers with small satellites start running into trouble in midfield, specially with midrange, unless you're really driving the snot out of them. It can't be helped, it's just a thing with small diaphragms.

Yes, the MX certainly take time to burn in. In my case, it was about 8 days with 2 hours of music everyday with 2 dots on the pod. Give it a try, else short circuit the speakers and BOOOM. ask for replacement.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Rashi Sawant huh? :tongue:

When i tested the speakers in my house, it was horrible to say the least. I have bought 3 MX5021 for my friends, and this one wasn't the same. I barely heard the vocals. Nothing was happening in the subs. Then i cross checked with my MX5021 and found the problem is in the subs, sats were working fine.

And in Rashi Peripherals. Those buggers made me wait for 1 hour. Then they tested the speakers and came back told me "saar, sound is coming saar" . I said them check properly with a song which has some vocals, then they said its defective :|. But they didn't have any stock , so told me to come tomorrow.

Edit : The main i went to RMA the speakers was to check out the Rashi Peripherals in chennai :lol:

Saiyan said:
Then they tested the speakers and came back told me "saar, sound is coming saar"

:rofl: A typical procedure followed by many tech support experts(?) in India. If killing was legal, then I would have murders of many tech support engineers on my hand. :p

I was actually able to wrangle an audition of the MX before I bought, and that with a H2H comparison against the 621, which I had heard before but wanted a comparo.

Of course in those days (~3 years) the MX were near 10K a pair, and I got maybe the second set in the city for myself. The AL guys agreed to do it at a shop in Lammy (I forget which).

Things have sure changed with the massification of technology.

I wish kranthi all the best with his new speakers.

i bought a pair from the ITdepot.. Initially the sub started booming, the subs cone was torn. i got it RMA'd.

Then after i got a replacement piece , its power supply failed, got it replaced again.Thankfully the ITdepot guys dealt with Rashi on my behalf and got me a replacement.

I think some cost cutting is definitely going on..

Looks like the MX is not something to recommend anymore, if these kind of build quality issues are popping up. Unless these are repaired/seconds/factory refurbished pieces.

Ohooo.. I thought of modding right after my purchase. Now i need to think twice. Just like Dell changing the s-ips panel to other low quality panels. I wonder whether if we test the new MX for THX certification will it pass?:ashamed:
How about Klipsch pro media:huh:

how do i go about and mod the MX coz i am really bad at electronics :(,i praying tat i get a good replacement,saiyan has to help me regarding this ,coz of ma schedule i am not even able to go anywhere ,thnks a lot saiyan for dropping them at Raashi

^No this goes into my collection :p, so won't sell it. If at all i want to sell it, bottle has already reserved it :lol:

btw, got the speakers replaced today :D. Got it within 10 mins. Funny thing was that i didn't give the old speakers with the thermocol (one in the top) , so they took it from the new speaker box :rofl:

Speakers are working fine :D, needs some burn in period, but still good :)

gannu said:
^^So get another one now and burn it in the week to come. :p

^arre, can't be bothered to carry it in train n all , lemme see. Damn thing is heavy and i have my own stuff to carry arnd.

jsut waiting to get hands on them :D ,hope they work fine without any hitches,saiyan did u ask them what was the problem exactly or do u have any idea y did they go kaput :huh:

Burn in the speakers now and experience bliss.

My MX also took almost a week to open up.

Treble - 3 dots

Bass - 1 dot

Volume - my max is 2 dots more than sufficient for my room.

Wish u luck with ur new MX.

Saiyan , u were one lucky dog to get those for 4K.

No wonder bottle is waiting to pick them up again if u want to sell it again. ;)

got ma speakers sterday from saiyan,they are rocking :hap2: ,kept bass at 3 dots and bass at 4 dots ,full volume in speakers and control volume from ma laptop as i lost ma remote,waiting for saiyan to search for the remote,without remote its a reall pain in a**

and one more thing the wall fixtures are missing hey dude are u listening ,give me ma remote :mad:

Back